Personal View site logo
Driftwood Cluster X series 3:│moon T7│ЅріzZ T6│Nebula T7│Drewnet T9│
  • 1811 Replies sorted by
  • Slightly off topic. But still I want to share it with you. I`ve been traveling for the last seven months. On board was a GH2 and a GoPro Hero 2. During the last seven months a lot of awesome fine tuning happened. I would have loved to use the new settings, but when you are traveling, your head is somewhere else and sometimes you even forget to turn on the GoPro. Well in this short I used driftwoods (old) "boom" setting (at least that's what I remember). For the next project I will try out Moon T7. Thx for all the effort!

• @maddog15 Today as a test I recorded in 720p in Moon T7 (set e) on a 32gb SD card at just 30mbps write speed (the slowest card I have right now) and it spanned without issue until I turned it off at 1 hour and 20 minutes. I had to power cycle to achieve in camera playback, but no problems other than that. Maybe you've got a bad card(s)?

• @thepalalias @Craig_R @Jim_Simon

Thank you for providing feed back on the cards. I originally looked at the larger cards but thought that it would not work. Good to know that it works, bummer about the cards being super thin though. I guess if you use the usb port to transfer footage you wouldn't have to worry about wearing out the sd card. But that would take really long :( Tradeoffs = Cheaper larger cards with slower transfer rates, or faster smaller cards that are not only faster but probably more reliable with @driftwood/@bkmcwd higher end patches.

• moon t7 set e. thanks @driftwood. password: speedbooster

• @rlima The 32 GB card is known not to span with these high bitrate patches. It sounds like that's the problem you weer having. Stick to using the 64 GB or 128 GB cards instead. They both work just fine with these demanding patches.

• @Azo

Sorry about the delay in responding. Been shooting all week.

I have not had any issues using the SanDisk Extreme 128GB card using any Driftwood patch, including AN DREWnet, Cluster X DREWnet Trial 8, Moon Trials 5, 6 and 7. They all work flawlessly, they all span just fine with this card.

• @driftwood sorry for that it was moon7 set e I was referring

• @nobbystylus. for 80% slow motion recording use 24L setting and it should work.

• @soundwizard99

Why wouldn't you just use Moon T5 for your "sharper" stuff? It's been as reliable as stock firmware for me on 720 60p and 1080 24H modes. Is there something else about T7 that T5 doesn't do for you?

• @driftwood Correct. 720p60 Only.

24H works flawlessly for me so far. (Playback, spanning, overall stability) Even when I've recorded a 720p60 file and a 24H file on the same card the 24H file will playback in camera where the 720p60 file still gives the error message. Moon T7 set "e"

Hope this helps and thank you.

• @Driftwood. Excellent Job on EVERYTHING that you do. Would it be possible to have a version of Moon T7 with the sharpness matrix of Moon T5 for TV work or instances where a sharper image would be appreciated. This would be great.

• @maddog15 Is this 720p60 only?

• @JuMo and @nobbystylus Thanks much for the reply.

Unfortunately the power down, power up trick doesn't work. Tried that a few times. Even tried shooting a quick clip at the end (as recommended when trying to span) even though I wasn't shooting long clips. Camera doesn't lock up but can't playback OR delete the file. Have to format card to delete the data.

Again this is with Moon T7 Set "e" with the SanDisk 64GB 95Mb/s Card.

• User report... :) --> Using Moon T7 (24H) on an interview I had the camera stopped recording sometimes. Card used was Sandisk Extreme Pro 32GB 95mbps. No crash, just a normal 'stop recording'. I pressed rec button immediatey after and it started recording again. I don't remember if I tried to watch the files in camera cause we were in a rush. But they are still on the card and really don't play back (today): 'no valid picture to play'. I shoot a quick test now and the 'new' files play nicely. Looking to the card via computer, the 'old' big files from the interview are there, but the camera strangely doesn't see them, only the new (small) ones. Using Moon T5 a week before I got zero issues and files played smoothly on camera. Maybe Moon T5 is still more reliable? I have another interview round today. Gonna keep GH3 as main camera and try to test GH2 with Moon T5 to see if I get zero issues again...

• @cjdincer Please refer to a setting. Which setting? moon, DREWnet, Nebula?

• using sandisk 32/45mbs in FSH and SH modes cam locks itself and have to pull the batterry out several times. HBR mode seems to work ok. but ı have playback issues occationaly.Somehow the highest 24p setting records and plays back flawlessly; there must be an explanation for that which ı do not know; besides the card being too slow. today waiting for a new card toshiba exceria type2 60mbs write, 90 mbs read ( can't afford sandisk 64/95 mbs card at the moment) hopefuly cam would work better with the toshiba one. just reporting cj.

• JuMo / maddog15 - Yes i had exactly this issue, turned off and on again and then everything was available in camera again. Bit worrying for a moment but all seemed fine.

What i'm getting is that any attempt to do 80% slow shots is saying it can't write to the card sadly (using a 32GB 45mbs) so i might have to get a better card for any slow stuff.

• Hardly used at event Moon T7 @24L, very stable, with spanning. Bitrate about 80Mb/s

• @maddog15 Yes, this just happened to me the other day with T7. Power cycling the camera fixed the problem (I may have taken the battery out, I don't remember), afterwards I was able to watch the footage in camera, but on a couple of occasions during the shoot all the footage would go back to unreadable until I power cycled.

• Anyone had issues with in camera playback shooting SH 720 60p mode with Moon T7 set "e" loaded? Scouting a shoot today and couldn't do a quick review footage taken with the client. Moon T5 worked fine on SH 720 60p as I remember. (Yes i should have tested 720 60p before the meeting. Damn me! Grrrrrrr) Thanks much.

• Moon t7 setD 24p.

• DREWnet T9 test settings -2 -2 -2 -2 . leica 1.4〜2.2 ISO160, Shutter 1/120 It's already graded.

vimeo.com/72203653

• @Butt You're absolutely correct. The combination of these new Cluster settings put EVERY h264 codec implementation out there (Canon, Nikon, Samsung, etc) to shame. The quantisation results are often stunning. Indeed some people may call them quasi RAW (lets face it, we're doing bloody well out of an 8 bit), but indeed I am very happy with the results of Cluster over each GOP setting. You know even hi bitrate Pro Res provided by ML RAW DNG converters (and from a lot of what Ive seen from Black magic stuff) are often very soft.

My advice to all is, RAW is great but if you don't require the hassle of a RAW post workflow/hd space/long takes etc... then DON'T sell your old GH2 just yet.<
    @driftwood thanks Nick for Feedback - and agree full

• Do these settings have more contrast. I find mysel not having to do any luma work on my grading... AKA the files are not that flat even with settings -2 -2 -2 -2

• What was the qp range for each in all modes? @Zaven13 Also more recent work has been done on DREWnet, Nebula and now Spizz on non 24p modes over moon T7 - so look for improvements in T8 on 1080i/HBR and 720.

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters