Personal View site logo
How to Talk to Strangers
  • 8 Replies sorted by
  • Definitely interesting. That's a question I always ask (to others and myself) regarding the few pictures I occasionally take. Sometimes when I see a peculiar person, such as an eccentric old woman, or even someone with a weird appearance, which I'd like to photograph, I start asking myself "Why do I want to take this picture? Is it because the person is weird? Am I making fun of him/her in the deep of my soul?". Then I feel I need a strong and pondered motivation about WHY I do what I do. Being conscious and aware of the REASON why you are taking pictures (or shooting video) is the base to transmit your motivation to the subject you want to shoot.

• The title of this video is false one.

They should call that, how to talk to strangers to make business out of them ? that the right title of this ;).

• They should call that, how to talk to strangers to make business out of them ? that the right title of this ;).

Any point in this comment? As 98% of street photos are made not to make money.

• What about B&H advertising ? 98% of street photos are made not to make money, are you sure about it Vitaliy ?

• What about B&H advertising ?

I really do not care, focus on value.

98% of street photos are made not to make money, are you sure about it Vitaliy ?

I am not absolutely sure, may be 99%.

• So for you only 1/2% around the world make business ? actually is more than that, really more... Street photography mean a lot of scene (press/media and co)...

Also i'm not going to focus on a video that add advertising, i will never take it seriously... this is a blabla video that many already did before, so it is not new...

You want to talk/shoot stranger, think about humanity first... they are not stranger, they are human, call it a human a stranger, it is not a good start.

• @zilk

You are prohibited to post in this topic and you add zero value and just continue complains.

• Agreed. It seems like he is just around to provoke people. Kind of like every ones good buddy, JimmeyKorea! :)