Personal View site logo
Help reach the top 10 of the Danish "hit chart"
  • Hi all! My film "Dewey - the Musical" from 2012 has just been selected as a candidate for the Ekko Shortlist - which is the "top 10" of contemporary Danish short films. Now I need as much help as I can get from you guys in the community, as the shortlist selection happens in the manner of a public vote. Reaching the top 10 would be a very welcome boost for my career, and it would make it much easier for me to get funding from the Film Institute in the future. I'm forever grateful if you take the time to help out - it means a lot!

The film is located here: http://www.ekkofilm.dk/shortlist/film/dewey-the-musical-/ Both views and votes count positively.

Thanks, Magnus

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • I just skimped over the current top 10 and it seems like the list is dominated by LBGT, feminist and anti-religion/conservatives themes. You guys are like the opposite of the some Middle Eastern countries, and that wasn't meant as a compliment.

Anyway I voted for your short because it seems light-hearted and fun.

• Thank you very much, @JKL Appreciated!

I don't see any problem with feminist and LBGT films, though. I think the short film format is well suited for social criticism :)

• Haha, I'd take that as a complement!

Oh, and I gave you a vote as well.