Personal View site logo
Samsung NX2000
  • 19 Replies sorted by
  • Ooooh, sexy pink one! :-)

• I was looking at it the other day @ B&H and thought, "ooh pink!! VK will be overjoyed!" It's a very delicate pink, at that!

• The camera delivers impressive image quality with excellent levels of detail and colour with good noise performance. The camera has a good level of control, with the large touch screen helping here, although visibility was not great when outdoors.

The Samsung NX2000, as part of the Samsung NX series has access to a wide range of lenses, including a number of compact prime lenses, including a new 10.5mm fisheye, 16mm wide angle, 20mm, and 30mm prime lenses. The 20-50mm kit lens gives good levels of detail and is relatively compact, although the lack of optical image stabilisation and slower focus speeds will disappoint particularly if you plan to use the camera for video, where you would be better off with the larger 18-55mm OIS kit lens.

With a wide variety of lenses, great image quality and excellent Wi-Fi sharing features, the Samsung NX2000 is well worth some serious consideration. The large 3.7inch touch screen has an impressive resolution and makes it easy to use the camera, both in photo or playback modes.

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/samsung-nx2000-csc-review-22217

• This camera is about sharing and it executes that beautifully. Besides, my workflow of exporting it to my phone for editing isn’t the only option. You can set it up to share it straight to Facebook. Despite my grievances, the NX2000 can take great images. If you want more power than your phone can afford you, spring for the NX2000.

http://www.thephoblographer.com/2013/07/18/review-samsung-nx2000/

• Hi,

is there any chance for a hack an samsung system cameras such NX models?

Regards Jens

• is there any chance for a hack an samsung system cameras such NX models?

Have no idea.

• Its image quality is generally clean and sharp. Its autofocus is pretty speedy and its Wi-Fi connectivity is great. The hybrid AF is a bonus and I was very happy with its responsiveness.

Samsung is packaging the NX2000 with Adobe Lightroom giving users $150 worth of free software. This is a another bonus to buying the NX2000.

http://www.digitalcamerareview.com/default.asp?newsID=5357&review=samsung+NX2000+mirrorless+wi-fi+smart+camera

• The Samsung NX2000 takes the NX-series in a more smartphone-like direction, with a much greater reliance on its Android-aping touchscreen interface than previous models. It's so reliant on the excellent and very large 3.7 inch screen that we'd almost recommend not considering it if you don't like controlling a camera via a touchscreen.

The NX2000's 20.3 megapixel sensor delivers excellent still image quality, with a very usable ISO range of 100-6400, plus 1080p HD video at a range of frame rates complete with auto-focusing, full control over the exposure settings, stereo sound and a wealth of other options. The NX2000 offers all the advantages that a camera with a large APS-C DSLR sensor has, namely better performance at higher ISOs and greater depth-of-field.

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/samsung_nx2000_review/

• Just to let you know, that samsung released the source code of the NX300/NX2000, it would more easier to improve the functionnality on this camera than any others camera, they learn and Samsung was more open when we talk about source code.

So the question about it is hackable, surely but you need to put your hand on the source code and work.

• Just to let you know, that samsung released the source code of the NX300/NX2000, it would more easier to improve the functionnality on this camera than any others camera, they learn and Samsung was more open when we talk about source code

Again, it is all wide spread thing originated from one article.

I really do not see that Samsung released complete source code. All other companies also release some Linux kernel code and also some libraries. But it is not much of a help.

• Actually they released a complete source code -> the source code is 2.2Go compressed and they clearly ask you on the source page, what you want to do with the source code ? improve the camera (upgrade), improve the camera (add function), etc... you should check more closer the source code that is on the samsung page

• the source code is 2.2Go compressed and they clearly ask you on the source page, what you want to do with the source code ? improve the camera (upgrade), improve the camera (add function), etc... you should check more closer the source code that is on the samsung page

How about you tell us about that exact parts are released?

REQUIRED PUBLIC STATEMENT FOR GPL / LGPL / SSLeay / BITDIGITS / MPEG-4 Audio VM Common Module / MIT / Apache / Libupnp / Enlightenment Foundation / Liblinebreak / Flora LICENSED SOFTWARE USED IN THIS PRODUCT The software included in this product contains copyrighted software that is licensed under the GPL.

This is clear statement.

• Among cameras now in the market, Samsung has put together one of the better combinations of an easy-to-use configuration and advanced photography options with its latest ILC model, the Samsung NX2000. This is a stylish camera with a large touch screen LCD and built-in Wi-Fi that will appeal to both beginning and intermediate level photographers.

The NX2000 works extremely well as a fun, fully automatic camera, allowing less experienced photographers to quickly become familiar with using it. It then also provides a full range of manual control features as well as quite a few customization options that will allow the NX2000 to help photographers hone their skills.

Samsung included several different options for making a connection through the Wi-Fi, including direct e-mail, sharing images via Facebook, connecting with a smartphone for remote control, or automatically backing up your photos to a web service. There's also built-in NFC (Near Field Communication) technology with the NX2000, something that's found on very few cameras currently.

The NX2000 works pretty fast in nearly all shooting situations with minimal shutter lag.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/camera-reviews/samsung/nx2000/samsung-smart-camera-nx2000-review.html

casio3.jpg
    800 x 527 - 122K
    casio4.jpg
    800 x 486 - 89K
  • Hey Vitaliy,

Just to let you know, the source codes include the binaries files and everything you need to make your own firmware, including the camera app of Tizen OS, i recommend to install the Tizen SDK too (it include all the necessary arm toolchain)...

I'm probably going to release a public beta in the end of the month but i need to fix some issues...(SRW the raw format of Samsung is not good at all, if anyone expect a raw video on the Samsung, you will need to include a new raw library that doesn't use the default one)

• @zilk

Perfect, you can make dedicated topic for it.