Personal View site logo
LAING steadicams, arms and vests
  • 66 Replies sorted by
  • Just wondering which of the MC or XC versions of the Laing P-03 Stabilizer makes the most sense for being used with the Panasonic GH1?

• @IronFilm

With native m42 lenses smaller one, of you intent to get larger cam later or big manual lenses - larger one.

• Just received my Laing P-03xc. Excited to set it up, but disappointed that there are no instructions in English included. I guess that's part of the deal.

I'm assuming that there is a decent video tutorial somewhere and will search, but not having a basic manual in a language that I can understand is not a great start.

Having said that, this thing is very obviously well-built. Quality seems fantastic. Very robust. More to come soon as I figure out what I am doing.

Thanks to Vitaliy for the deal and helping answer some of my questions before and during the ordering process.

O

• @Reshaydee

Did yours come with a manual in English off of Ebay?

O

• P-03 is very good steadicam, tried it some time ago. As @ozoufonoun said it is well-build.

• Laing P-04 steadicam

laing3.jpg
    558 x 810 - 43K
    laing1.jpg
    800 x 769 - 77K
    laing4.jpg
    605 x 482 - 44K
    laing2.jpg
    569 x 576 - 74K
  • What is the difference between the Laing P-03 and the Laing P-04?

• What is the difference between the Laing P-03 and the Laing P-04?

Most things are updated. Gymbal, top stage, etc.

• My Laing P-04 arrived today i will try to post some pictures, footage later this week. No manual inside but unit itself looks really solid!

• Just ordered my P-04 and it should be here within a week. Would love to see some test footage and other photos.

• I had few minutes today to take a few photos and some quick footage after initial attempt to balance it. Overall Laing P-4 with GH3 and SLRMagic 12mm on top is quite heavy i need to work on my fitness :D

Product feels really solid, thank you Vitaliy for a great deal!

image image image image image image

EDIT:

Another quick video, this time i took more effort to achieve 2s drop that many tutorials refer to and i have less tilting to the sides. In both I'm holding Laing with one hand I need to learn how to properly operate it with both hands.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something incorrectly (i put my GH3 + Voigtlander 25mm in the middle of the plate) but turning any of the knobs even little bit sends camera completely off balance anyway i will keep experimenting until i find decent setup. Getting some nice quick release place wouldn't hurt as well! :)

P1130293.jpg
    800 x 450 - 306K
    P1130294.jpg
    800 x 450 - 222K
    P1130295.jpg
    800 x 450 - 98K
    P1130296.jpg
    800 x 450 - 117K
    P1130297.jpg
    800 x 450 - 234K
    P1130298.jpg
    800 x 450 - 140K
  • Has anyone used this combo: Laing M-30 Stabilizer (P-04 paired with vest and arm)? I have found it on eBay (US) but shipping to EU direct from manufacturer is quite high.

I was wondering if anyone has used this and any opinions would be appreciated.

• So I'm missing one of the two carbon fibre tubes for the P-03

It is the one which slides inside the other one.

In the description for the P-03 it says "center connection pole diameter (inside)", does that mean this would be the appropriate replacement part to buy:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1pcs-22MM-OD-X-19MM-ID-X-500MM-Carbon-fiber-tube-1-5mm-wing-tube-Tail-tube-3K-/321526959816?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4adc800ec8

• Have no idea. You need to measure inside diameter using good tool first.

• Laing M-30 Stabilizer (P-04 paired with vest and arm)? I have found it on eBay (US) but shipping to EU direct from manufacturer is quite high.

Current one comes with modified P-04 :-) and it is amazing set. You can find one on our deals http://www.personal-view.com/deals/stabilizers-steadicams-gimbals/laing