Personal View site logo
Driftwood ClusterX series 2:│moon│ЅріzZ│nebula│drewnet│Slipstream │Redshift
  • 1053 Replies sorted by
  • @danielortegajan your file plays smooth. mts in mPlayerX as well as transcoded ProRes in QT

• @peaceonearth : its not the playback, its the strange stuttering blur in movements.

• @driftwood : uploading a new testfile on wetransfer, it'll send you the link in about 10 min to your email. Already transcoded to prores422hq, now with moon t7c 24p and same settings. I noticed that my display shows the recording picture munch slower while shooting!? Could it be a problem with my sd card? Thank you!

• Having issue using Moon T5 (it may not be the patch at all though). I've read on a couple other threads about the noise and banding issue. I have a very intermittent issue with noise and banding. it show up occasionally, typically in darker areas of the image. But it is not consistent. I try to set exposure for the highlights so my histograms tends to be very shadow heavy. I have plenty of slightly underexposed footage that looks great, no problems. Long story short I've got two questions- 1) is this a) "the" normal banding issue people talk about or b) an f'd camera that needs replaced? 2) if the answer is a) , then where is the best source of info for workarounds to avoid triggering the banding while shooting.

footage- https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4cwlme1d1mb39c7/SYjQpPGX09 lower right hand corner has massive banding and noise issue

• @donniewagner Shutter speed / ISO ./ lens?

• Shutter speed 50, ISO 200, old nikon 24mm 2.8 @ f5.6 i believe. WB on "cloudy". I was switching between normal and ETC mode to get different FOV, this was shot in ETC I believe.

• ETC mode is problematic to this. Personally, I'm not a fan of it and never use it. Its got its uses but for me ...best to frame tighter with what lens you've got.

• @driftwood Thanks for the fast response.

• Last month, before getting a pair of cards fast enough to shoot with Moon Trial 3 (or any All-I patch), I shot a short for an actor friend that's appeared in practically everything my brother and I have made that required professional actors.

I'd been happy shooting a series of spec commercials in Flow Motion but wasn't sure I wanted to do something narrative in that patch while needing to stay in that ballpark for bandwidth. I gave Slipstream a go. I shot everything on either my Nikkor f/2 24mm or Olympus F.Zuiko f/1.8 50mm and am grading with @shian ColorGHear.

I was very pleased with the detail and almost Moon Trial like cleanness in the imagery from Slipstream. It was a very trying shoot as I had no AC, no lights or even someone who could half-way competently hold a reflector. The whole thing is 99% available light with only a few scenes making use of a small LED I couldn't use for the entire shoot because it sucks the batteries like mad.

SamSpadeOUT (0.02.44.14).png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    SamSpadeOUT (0.04.32.00).png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    SamSpadeOUT (0.04.35.13).png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    SamSpadeOUT (0.06.39.05).png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    SamSpadeOUT (0.02.41.20).png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    SamSpadeOUT (0.05.55.08).png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • Looks good @BurnetRhoades Its pleasing to know that Slipstream has its uses. More Slipstreams will appear on the other thread soon.

• @driftwood

Thanks. Slipstream didn't seem part of the new topic or mentioned therein so I was thinking you were maybe retiring it, or future development. I'd have loved to have shot this in a flavor of Moon (3 is my favorite but I'm going to shoot something in T7 soon to give it a whirl) or try out Intravenus II but Slipstream performed well for me. Many thanks.

• @pop24 just wondering which Cluster X version you used when shooting that "Trailer by Paul" video at the end of page 37? Looks excellent.

• GH3 + GH2 / Slipstream #3

• @rorykane

Nice man, I really like the vintage finish to the blacks and color.

• @rorykane

What frame rate and setting are you shooting at?

• Just a fast handheld test with Slipstream #3:

• Has anyone experienced "Not Responding" message in After Effect right after opening SlepStream #3 video files?

I think I saw similar topic, but couldn't find it again. There was described with a weird "waterwaving" line at the lower part of the videos.

I tried processing the MTS files via Win ReWrap, then the same results - immediate crach of AE.

Any help, please?

• Do you get the same in Adobe PP?

• No, I don't use PP. Only Sony Vegas and Adobe AE for LUTs.

Once when I use any of the HD video converters (just for a try), the files are accepted, but this is not the right way since the bitrate and quality decrease drastically.

• @producer

I'm total AE newbie but I don't have any problems with opening my short test MTS files (24L mode, Slipstream #3) under AE CS6 Win. Hope this helps.

• I've been shooting extensively with MoonT7 on paid gigs and plan to share some work soon. I like it, a lot. Only thing is I'm not spanning with my Sandisk 95/sec cards. Not a huge thing, just the first time that has happened to me. Seems a touch greener/yellower than T5, but I suppose I could be hallucinating since GH2 tints slightly that way, anyhow.

• Having same issues.. But off and on. Also random in-cam playback. (Even using the usual turn off, turn on, shoot short clip etc. tricks) Reluctantly switching back to Moon T5 as I had no complaints with it before T7.

No complaints now either. If you wanna play...you've gotta pay. Can't image using the stock firmware HBR setting for...well....anything actually.

• I would like to share my last video with GH2 and Drifwood´s Moon T5 setting:

Thanks to @Driftwood for his excellent work with that setting. Lately I moved to ML RAW, but this video has changed my thoughs about RAW vs GH2...... I should check Moon T7, looks amazing.

Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters