Personal View site logo
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760

You end up with 1152 total CUDA cores and 96 texture units. GK104’s back-end remains intact though, consisting of four ROP clusters that output eight 32-bit integer pixels per clock each, maxing out at 32. Similarly, four 64-bit memory controllers create a 256-bit aggregate interface.

At least at first, GeForce GTX 760s will sport 2 GB of GDDR5 memory operating at 1502 MHz, just like the GeForce GTX 670 and 680, pushing up to 192.2 GB/s. This is probably the 760's biggest advantage against GeForce GTX 660 Ti. A 192-bit memory bus limits that card's bandwidth to 144.2 GB/s, which hurts at higher resolutions with anti-aliasing cranked up.

GeForce GTX 760 also compensates for a less-complex GPU configuration through higher core clock rates. Its GK104 runs at 980 MHz (base), but is rated for a GPU Boost clock rate of 1033 MHz. That’s more aggressive than GeForce GTX 660 Ti and 670, both armed with 1344-shader incarnations of GK104 set at a 915 MHz base frequency. What you're going to see in the benchmarks is that some workloads tend to favor shader count, others react to the GPU's clock rate, and a third group enjoys memory bandwidth.

Reviews

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • This GTX 7xx generation update is really a numbers game, isn't it? I get the feeling Nvidia just wants to be numerically on par with AMDs HD 7xxx generation for marketing purposes. The naming GTX 6xx looks like less than HD 7xxx...

• Though the pricing is attractive.

• Well if you remove the increase of cuda core and memory that are highly used for gpu applicatons (awesome by the way if you work with vfx) then yes 7xx serie is just a number. It all depends what you do with. If it´s video game, a 4xx, 5xx is still more than enough to run modern game. If it is video editing it´s the same. If you push it further for some kind of real time applications or gpu accelerated then you gotta need a lot better than 4xx series unless you plug several card in rack.

I personally very much enjoy of doing almost real time rendering with octane render for maya. But damn! The beast is consuming a lot and quadro are too expensive so the latest nvidia serie is kind of a good alternative especially with titan.

• I just purchased this card for my new system.

Does anyone here have experience using this card with Avid Media Composer?

I was hoping to set up my new haswell cpu system to run Avid, some After Effects and Resolve.

I know Avid asks for the Quadro cards, but I'm they're very costly.

Thanks

• I have been pondering AMD (Radeon) VS Nvidia today. I have been upgrading my PC this week, and am also trying to decide what will give me the biggest boost for smooth playback with multiple effects loaded in Magix. Currently I am running 16GB of ram running between 1866 and 2400 (it is 2133 stock), I have an AMD 1090T hex core CPU, and a 465GTX Nvidia card. I was using another hex core which I could run at 4.7GHZ, but the chip seemed to be broken when I got it, so the 1090 is outperforming it overall at 3.7GHZ...

Basically my options are, Water cool the CPU with a massive radiator and push it to 4.4ish.. and if that doesn't get me smooth play throw down for a 8350 8 core and clock it to 5ish. Or wait for the full line up of the new 8cores to show their faces and make my choice then (this is what I would like to do)

Or... Get a high 600 series GPU, or something like a Radeon HD7850... After buying a new tower, faster Ram and the broken CPU my budget is down to a few hundred tops, but I would rather not blow it all on a GPU unless that is absolutely the solution to the lag... I am sticking with AMD for awhile, so switching to intel is not on the table.

Any advice would be appreciated, baring in mind I am on a time crunch since I am building a computer with my extra parts for a friend, and need to decide what to and what not to order today-ish.

P.S. I hope that was all fairly coherent, I have been up all night.