Personal View site logo
Meetup: Los Angeles Area
  • 231 Replies sorted by
  • Wanted to discuss one idea with you.

What do you think about making next LA meeting in conference room with screen and projector?

So you could show your works. May be make short courses (by @shian :-) ).

• @LALisa Would people tune in to watch a bunch of guys geeking out on film technology while guzzling down beers? Hmm, maybe just strange enough that they would.

• @htinla ... that is quite an album... I was looking at the light... amazing lighting for a gathering... I could imagine streaming a live user gathering... you could put different feeds in the monitors and have folks join us if you had a switcher with GH2s on it... Personal - Views... There was a famous series called Cheers! ... I cut a lot of the behind the scenes stuff on that when I was working on that project a long time ago...

I am always thinking!

LALisa

• @htinla ... I sure do like that Post Card!

• I was wondering if we could continue the dialog here at this post... Just keep that meeting going here on line? I sure did have a good time...and speaking of the time it flew by...

LALisa

• Here are a couple of framegrabs from my test video using Vic's sweet SLRMagic 25mm T0.95 at wide open:

The Personal View L.A. Film Crew photo PVFilmCrew1.jpg

Vic becomes one with the BMDCC photo PVFilmCrew2.jpg

• Hey guys, that was a lot of fun! @Wilbo, ask @Vicharris what that 8mm was again, as I can't remember, and it was his lens.

If anyone wants to do this again, I say let's go for it!

@Vicharris, thank you for your generosity! Can't wait to reciprocate :)

• I had mentioned to some of you about adding the AC Adapter to the BeachTek mixer and external power supplies for those of you that held my rig...

• Thanks @htinla and @LALisa for the great pics!

@vicharris - Oh, duh, Rokinon Cinema lens.... I think you told me that when we were there. Thanks for the reminder!

• @LALisa make or find existing relevant topic to discuss your GH3 power supply questions (I thought I'd tell ya before the big guy does :-)

• Thanks VK!

_1000639titled_sm.jpg
    850 x 478 - 236K
  • @LALisa Thanks for your pics.

Here's my album (let's see if I did this right):

imageimurbucket's PV Meetup 071313 album on Photobucket
  • @Wilbo The 8mm was the Rokinon Cine lens.

• @LALisa, thanks for getting the first round of pics up!

• @WILBO @Whisper1 @wrosecrans @thepalalias @Roy Batty @LALisa @HTINLA @Shian @Colleir Landry

I just wanted to say thanks for coming out and for everyone bringing your knowledge to the table. As you could tell, there were many people with different areas of expertise and I think it made for a good mix! As stated before, it was great to finally match faces with screen names. It's always so mysterious on these boards.

Also, you welcome and my pleasure to let everyone try out what glass they wanted. If that helps you make a smarter decision on your purchase...good deal!

We'll see how things shape out in the future to see about planning another one. That time I won't leave my damn sunglasses there!!

Vic

• OK... I put up the still images I shot with my little Canon ELPH 500HS at Picasa at this link... https://picasaweb.google.com/100899032658405974953/GH2UserGroupJuly132013?authkey=Gv1sRgCLXwrvXd_cmtEw

• I'd say let's keep the video stuff off for now ;)

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev Thanks for the info regarding images and video...

• I am getting around to trying out the new Pansonic AC supply DMW-AC8 with the Battery grip DMW-BGGH3 for the GH3...question:

Can I have a battery in the camera and the grip connected with the Panasonic DMW-AC8 and Battery coupler DMW-BGGH3 working all together without hurting anything? This is for external remote/studio shooting...

I could unplug the external power supply and then just run on the battery in the camera... will the external supply charge the battery in the camera?

• @LALisa

You can attach any photos here, until they are few and small. If you have big amount of photos - put them on any photo sharing.

For videos - vimeo or youtube.

• I was wondering too how to post stills and the video I shot with the new Flow Motion firm ware upgrade at Big Wangs... This upgrade looks promising...

• I messaged VK for instructions on how I should post my photos (so as not to incur his wrath, hehe!). I'll put them up as soon as I find out.

• @whisper1, yep, those were mine. Did anyone grab them? Of course big EMS didn't have them still :)

• somebody left their shades (sunglasses)

• @LALisa - Interesting concept. Sounds like a long form documentary :)

@vicharris and @collierlandry - what was that awesome 8mm lens that was used on the m43 BMCC again? The image looked a lot less distorted/fisheyed than I was thinking it would.