Personal View site logo
Panasonic G6 topic, GH2 replacement camera
  • 1330 Replies sorted by
  • Are colour profile changes possible? ...e.g. like Technicolor?

• maybe someone know some best presets to video in g6 ?

• can someone with a G6 please record some people in 24fps?

• Dont know if this can help you but you can see the size of screen

• @CFreak I'm trying to get round it by connecting a tablet with hdmi out to a large monitor, they say in theory it should work, but I think they didn't answer the question I was asking about size of image relayed over wifi in the first place. If the image the tablet was receiving was decent size then viewing it on a larger monitor might make it work for me - I find it hard to judge critical focus without a decent monitor, though the peaking info is useful it doesn't seem to get relayed over wifi with rest of the image. Will put this in reasons for an update.

• well..It is delay..(not so much) but if you are gonna do focus or other critical adjustments..look at the lcd screen on the camera instead..it´s ok to use..say you wanna take a Picture of you and your friends (or a video) you can hold your smartphone or ipad and stand in front of the camera..but as a replacement for a hdmi monitor..no!!

• @woolhats "not like a real monitor" Can you elaborate? Due to latency (aka: image delay?) or something else?

• No live view via hdmi...only playback..you can get live view via wifi..but is not like a real monitor...you can rec and even control the zoom if you have the powerzoom lens via wifi..but as I said it´s not like viewing thru a hdmi monitor

• as I am unexperienced with video, after these some reviews, do you think is a good choice over the GH2? (I did read all posts but) I can't make a decision... Previously an other member asked (@mjfan): does it have "live view" similar functions for external monitor connectivity while recording?

• Answering my own question, if anyone is interested, Panasonic say the image is transmitted over wifi at the size the camera is set to.

• Aah..I found the problem..the fn3 button is on/of for the peaking..odd Place..as it also is the return from the meny Sorry Vitaliy..didn´t see that

• Problem with Peaking: When I activite the peaking function it deactivites when I change sharpness in portrait mode. I have to go back in the meny to activite the peakfunction..only my camera or any one else ? firmware upgrade? If you try to shoot flat-5-5-5-5 you barely see the peaking..at least on Fd lenses

• try using avchd 24p , i always use that setting - is there any reason why you are shooting avchd 50p if you are not intending it to be slowed down in half speed slo mo ? and try Natural as a stock setting without dialing -5,0,0,-5 I always avoid mpeg as I dont like its codec

• @oscillian

Please do not make parallel talks due to crossposting. Use one place.

• Anyone know image resolution sent over wifi? I'm loving the remote function but thinking of getting a tablet with hdmi out so I could, hopefully, relay the image to watch live on a larger screen than the tablet.

• @andy_lee Settings are described in video:

AVCHD 50p ISO 160 Shutter 1/50 Photo Style: Natural: -5,0,0,-5 First clip: Olympus 45mm f1.8 @f1.8 Second clip: Lumix 14-140mm, 14mm@ f4

MPEG 50p export straight from Premiere

Oh, WB: Cloudy

• oscillian

what settings are you using? avchd ? or mpeg? what shutter speed? what aperture? what iso ? what color profile? what kelvin color temperature? what lenses ?

with all this info then someone may be able to help you

• I'm having big problems with my G6: all lenses have a "Unsharp mask"-ish dark halo to the left (?) of bright objects. Any one else with these issues?

• @Renovatio

Check topic title, please. And post in approproate topics that we have.

• The dont sold only body...i must buy with kit and I can buy another lens...ok so I go tomorrow once again i now i hope i will buy it :)

• Take the olympus, and if you can, buy the body only. The Kit Lens is not bad but nothing so good.