Personal View site logo
Unattended Camera Insurance
  • Hi guys,

When I make my trip to Sweden I want to insure my GH2 a few lenses, tripod and a GoPro 3, the total value will be close to £1500 and the quotes for a month are £4.05 assuming I don't make a claim, very reasonable however I'm struggling to find an insurance company to cover totally unattended insurance while I'm camping out in a tent and I can understand why, I don't mind paying up to £30 for the month to insure my gear for just 10 days

My question is, does anyone know of any insurance company that will provide this kind of cover, I can understand why they wouldn't but there is no way I am going to be able to spend 10 days literally strapped to all my camera gear.

Thanks for any help, Max.

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • Not really insurance, I'm afraid - but in a similar protect-your-gear-from-loss vein, BluCop is $USD8.99 software for your phone which will warn you whenever some object you've tagged (eg a camera with a cheap, mini bluetooth headset attached) goes out of range.

Of use to, say, wedding videographers who've got lots of gear all over the place at a shoot and get worried that it might get stolen - or, if more likely if you're anything like me, left behind! :-(

Seeing this solution has been around for a while now, there must be some similar smartphone apps by now as well.