Personal View site logo
FD Canon to m43 adapters topic
  • 37 Replies sorted by
  • I can highly recommend Novoflex. Expensive but rock solid.

• A word of warning if you get the Canon FD to m4/3 adapter WITH support from ciecio7. The allen screws stick out of the machined baseplate and interfere with the lens release button of the GH2, so you can't mount it. You'll have to get rid of the left allen screw during mounting it to the camera.

Otherwise the adapter is top notch, if you want to use some crazy heavy lenses and are afraid they'll break the GH2 lens mount :)

• @markus_b had the same issue, but if you press down and twist, it will clear. Well it does on mine, but it's very tight.

• It should be mentioned the allen screws used for his mounts are regular M3, which are very easy to find, so my tips is to get a flatter to anyone with a ciecio adapter. You'll get a few for about a buck...

• @xntrggr @ Vitaliy_Kiselev can you provide a photograph of this little slit on the adapter that you pry open with a screwdriver to make the mount fit more tightly?

• @itimjim Yeah, but didn't want to get scratches on my cam. Replaced the screw and sunk the hole (like the 2 above), now works like a charm.

• Seems the most popular FD adapters are from Fotodiox(low), Cieco7(med), and Novoflex(high). I went w/ the Novoflex and very happy with it! Use it w/ both my GH2 and AF100.

• Does this adapter allow the use of the actual aperture ring on the adapter? Most adapters just have a slide with no accurate witness marks.

• I think you might have Canon FD mount confused with Nikon F, the Canon FD adapters all (should) use the lens's aperture/iris ring.

FWIW I've been using the Ciecio7 FD adapter for almost 3 years, I have two of them, both with the support foot. The support foot does interfere with the AF100 m43 mount but the foot is easily removed with a metric allen wrench. When using the support foot on the GH2 you only need to slightly depress the camera mount button to clear the support foot, I often use the support foot with primes when I'm using a full matte-box/ff rig because I can achieve a more secure mount on the base plate than with using the pathetic GH2 tripod socket.

• The problem I have with my «Fotodiox-type» cheap FD adapter is that the hole on the adapter which matches the pin of the m43 bayonet is too large, resulting in a bit of twisting play. The adapter simply doesn't sit tight enough in the bayonet. This doesn't affect image quality but still is an inconvenience.

• I bought a fotodiox as a temporary solution, thinking I'd get a ciecio7 later. I never bought the ciecio7. I bought two more fotodiox's instead.

• Just basically lost a Novoflex due to it getting stuck onto an Adaptall lens. Recommend not using Adaptalls with these unless you're willing to make a sacrifice.