Personal View site logo
Wireless Follow Focus with Monitor from Wondlan
  • Hi guys,

I just got lucky and received this new Wireless FollowFocus Monitor system from Wondlan a few days ago. So far so good and the system is reliable enough for what it should be doing. I have not tried it with our BlackMagic Cinema Camera setup yet since the SDI-HDMI converter is still on its way.

More details as per video here:

Do let me know if you want me to discuss anything about its features as I might have missed some of it through the video.

Thanks

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • There are plenty, but they are $$.

Arri, Preston... Redrock has one that is much cheaper.

• If you crank up the speed to the highest, the noise is noticeable. But below half of the speed ratio, it is reasonable I would say. I mean, is there any other brand out there that is totally silent? I haven't got a chance to try anything that is silent so far.

• Is the motor still noisy? It's a cool set up and if I weren't in "gearing up" mode for the BMPC 4K, I'd be interested.

• @ Vitaliy_Kiselev Not sure as I didn't get a chance to use the older version (the one without the monitor). It is a bit noisy but I guess you will need to adjust the speed to compensate for the noise. And external recorder is definitely needed for this application.

• Mechanical part is the same as older wireless FF?