Personal View site logo
Gini Ultra Light Travel Jib
  • I lost my old jib (don't ask) and am looking for a replacement. I came across this one from Jini, but can't find any reviews about it. Has anyone had experience with Jini products?

http://ginirigs.com/ultra-travel-jib/

Gini Jib

• 15 Replies sorted by
  • I got an email from Gini promoting this jib too and I'm seriously considering it. I bought a shoulder rig from ginirigs a year or two ago based on a link Vitaliy posted here. It's extremely well built and I received it fairly quick. Most people think it's an expensive Zacuto rig, and while it's similar quality to Zacuto, I paid an extremely low price.

Not sure about this jib though, would love to hear others' input as well.

• Looks good but it also looks a lot like the jibs available here on the deals for less money. Most of these cheap jibs I've seen lately (Gini, Aviator) seem like rebrands with a coat of paint and maybe a better base plate of the ones we get on deals. Only that new Kessler seems to take a radical new approach to design.

Edit: I should add that the only one I've actually used is the one from deals and I am very happy with my Gini rig purchase from last year.)

• I would recommend other jibs here on P-V deals, carbon fiber is way to go. Other options are OK but a bit heavy ...

• Message from http://www.facebook.com/GiniRig

Do not buy the travel Jib from GiniRigs.com. This is NOT a Gini Rigs product or website hence why everything is mysteriously out of stock. Please do not waste your cash!!

Meanwhile, check us out at KOBA show if your in Seoul!

EDIT: Do you see a Jib here? Didn't think so.."

And continued, someone asked from Gini:

ive bought from that website before. Is Richard Cho the owner of Gini Rigs?

And Gini replied:

No Richard Cho is the owner of Lab101. He was taken on board to help with marketing and then was let go. Since he has let go he continues to have GiniRigs.com, the domain, and refuses to take the shop down because it looks like he is using our audiences to release his own products.

Lol. Previously Gini did really bad marketing, and now this.

• I think if you order from Gini than do it on eBay, as these web shops show everywhere with different domain names ...

• The thing is he is not selling on ebay either.. seems to be only ginirigs-usa.com now.

• http://www.ebay.com/sch/gini.1980/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Is one of my Ebay sellers i've saved for future reference and he's still selling rigs etc.

broken-rod.jpg
    1224 x 1632 - 385K
  • I got my GH2 cage and rig from ginirigs-usa and I have not had any issues. What worries me about ginirigs.com is that alot of the items have been marked "sold out" for quite some time. Anyone know for sure which is the true gini? ;)

• @adamquesada

My understanding is that none is true Gini. All of this is resellers.

Screen Shot 2013-03-20 at 20.06.58.png
    928 x 648 - 270K
    Screen Shot 2013-07-09 at 00.10.04.png
    1251 x 465 - 102K
    Screen Shot 2013-07-09 at 00.11.32.png
    1172 x 666 - 206K
  • Fun thing. @Geppetto is also same Richard Cho, and he commented exactly about Gini rigs site.

Screen Shot 2013-07-09 at 12.42.04.png
    872 x 566 - 145K
    Screen Shot 2013-07-09 at 12.36.28.png
    780 x 738 - 213K
    Screen Shot 2013-07-09 at 12.28.00.png
    447 x 587 - 84K
    Screen Shot 2013-07-09 at 12.27.41.png
    858 x 540 - 120K
  • Thanks for the info @bmxa I always thought ginirigs-usa just felt more legitimate.