Personal View site logo
GH3 user reviews and opinions
  • 1089 Replies sorted by
  • can't believe you changed the 'RAGE'. That was the best statement in this whole fourm!

• LOL I fixed the RAGE. Im glad you like the visual effects No_SuRReNDeR.

• Dynamic RAGE!!!!! ftw....lol Kidding but seriously GREAT visual effects on that man.

• I shot my new short film using the GH3 and I did not have to much problems with moire. It is their in a few shot though. I find shooting with the GH3 over my GH2 much easer to get proper exposure. The added dynamic range is great.

• @JDN have you considered the black magic pocket camera vs GHx? I'm into nature shooting too and i particularly like the 3x crop on the pocket cam. It turns the 100-300 into 300-900mm, it gonna have a great image i'm sure and is extremely small. you don't have ETC off course and i don't know if you can buy an extender for m43.

• Oly 12-60 if anyone is interested. And even though this fella on the left called for Jack Bauer, no one cared officially.

• Hello nice folks! Today I got around to shoot this one thing which my brother and I had on our minds for a while now.

Stock GH3, 25p 50MbitMov as recommended everywhere.

Oh yeah, that fat dude is my brother, so please be kind! :D

• @feha, the 20mm pancake...

• @Lambo , great video, what lens did you use ?

• why are this poor people sooooooooooo green?

• Well..thats my second video using the GH3. While I am loving the camera , the moiré is here to stay I am afraid. But I ll try something in FCPX to mask it somehow ... Anyway, I ve been paying attention in some TV commercial ads and I can find moiré in many of them even the ones done with RED or other great cameras. Conclusion, moiré is a plague !!!! he he ...

• While this mirrorless camera offers a highly capable performance and extensive feature set, it finds itself in competition with larger cameras, including DSLRs and Sony SLTs. The main differentiating factor being video handling and performance. As for photographic performance, despite having a similar size, DSLRs still exceed it in terms of dynamic-range and speed.

http://www.neocamera.com/camera/panasonic/gh3/review

• Pretty speedy AF :-)

• I spent a number of months playing around with various bodies and lenses, and of course reading numerous reviews. In the end, I chose the GH3 as the ergonomics of the body felt much better in my hand, in spite of being slightly heavier and bulkier (or perhaps because of) than the E-M5. Buttons and controls were both plentiful and easier to reach.

http://www.thecamerastore.com/blog/2013/04/22/thoughts-m43-seyil-yoon

Another review

http://www.dkamera.de/testbericht/panasonic-lumix-dmc-gh3/

• @Swiss Boy "Also that info disappearing on screen is very annoying..." +1 you are right...! I't really an error from Panasonic..and makes the Manual Mode hard to use. There is a risk of make some sort of bump, of shock every ten second pressing the button to make reappear the info in order to check if the exposure is yet right.. Hope will be fixed with new firmware upgrade (original or hacked..) :-) windsurf

• Did some indoor tests with no good lighting and 1600 seems noisy not as clean as i thought it would be. I hope it was because of lighting and not that i got a bad unit. Will do some outdoor shots with high iso to check that. So far everything is better than gh2 i just hope the image quality is better too cause that's the most important thing. Also that info disappearing on screen is very annoying...

• Swiss_Boy, I've been getting about 2 hours at MOV 50 mps with a 64 gig Sandisk Ultra card. But I would not try to record 2 hours all at once! Very big file if something goes wrong.

• Just received my gh3 and i wonder if there is some iso bug on the camera or some iso that's more noisy and souldn't be used? Like on the gh2 640 was less noisier than 320 for example. Also how many hours can we record on a 64gb card with 50mps mode?

• Hello guys!

Here's a simple IPB 60fps Slow Motion Test I did last week.

And a simple test short:

• New Video, follow link for information. Shot on GH3 with Slr Magic Lenses and others.

Slr Magic 25mm, 35mm Rokinon 85mm Panasonic 14mm

• Yesterday I made a battery test on GH3 with the original battery; I have a PAL version of the camera. I made 9 sessions of 30 minute of filming on a fully charged battery. The results are impressive in my opinion.