Personal View site logo
GH2 batteries discussion
  • 52 Replies sorted by
  • Tetakpatak is correct. GH2 / FZ200 batteries are not the place to save money. Use Panasonic.

I could give you discharge curves, voltage cutout points, and capacity figures, as I have studied this extensively. I use these batteries to power my HERO3 and other USB-powered cameras. But I doubt it would change the decision of anybody thinking of going down the clone pathway.

The Panasonic BLC12 is a unique battery, with a very smooth discharge curve. I have never seen any equivalent batteries, although I have tested many of the much-touted 'clones'...

• Any battery that is not decoded is trouble for yr GH2. That means the camera cant read the battery life, and the battery icon is not manifest on yr screen. @tetakpatak was obviously freaked out by my experience. he still remembers it :-)

Yeah, my camera came to a point where it couldnt read original batteries, and kept telling me it didnt recognise them. Shortly after, my logic board short circuited. Cost me $350 to change the damn thing. Lesson learnt: like @tetakpatak said, dont stinge on original bats.