Personal View site logo
Few questions
  • Iron sharpens iron! You guys, girls, and guys who want to be girls, etc., whatever. Are great! Thanx for the great GH2 hacks and etc. but...

1. top settings dont tell me whats the best setting out of all the patches in the 'top setting' category
    2. as an ultimate consumer/end user/donator, I would like to know whats the best patch for my 64gb sandisk xtreme pro.
    3. as an ultimate consumer/end user/donator, I would like to know what is considered the ultimate patch for video vs. stills
    4. You guys, girls, and guys who want to be girls, etc., whatever. Are great! Thanx
  • 5 Replies sorted by
  • @kenoah

1. ?
    2. Seda AQ1
    3. See #2
    4. _________
  • @kenoah

1. each of the top settings contains benefits for ceirtain purposes, resp. so none of them is best in just any situation. Some are great for low light conditions, another for the fast objects or time lapse, and some are top for the IQ, though very different in the character of the image....like different lenses who also vary so much.
    2. it is one of the best cards available, capable of anything GH2 can do
    3. like #2, matter of your taste, or of your needs, or both.
  • @graviatemediagroup thanks! you gave me exactly what I wanted!

@tetakpatak! ouch! thanks for the answer, which didnt answer any of the questions! but your points were very valid!

boom

1. Many of the "top" patches, especially Driftwood's Intra-frame patches are beyond being "best". That is, different patches specialize in filming different subjects. But Both Sedna AQ1 and Moon Trial 5 are designed for "overall" good performance, rather than as specialized patches.

2. "Best" for your Sandisk? Well Both Sedna and Moon will run on your card AFAIK. They should both span past 4 minutes with your card. But keep in mind they make bigger files, so you won't fit as many minutes on the card compared to lower bitrate patches. But from an ultimate quality standpoint, Sedna and Moon are top of the pack.

3. Not sure. Someone else weigh in: are there even patches that change things on the photo side of the firmware?

4. Yes. Yes we are.

• I don't know what kind of miracle you expected, one-word-answer?

...the ultimate patch for video vs. stills...

None of the patches has any effect on stills, the hack by VK also doesn't provide that possibility. But I hope you found out that since your first post is written half year ago. IMO the GH2 is far way below all that great cameras for stills, its jpeg machine isn't that good. RAWs are bit better but it means tons of additional time for PP. I actually avoid to use it for photographic work therefore. GH2's pics look OK for fun, but they lack DR, that means missing contrasts and details for to be a "serious" photo camera :-)