Personal View site logo
4K raw camera at upcoming NAB rumors
  • 38 Replies sorted by
  • Is it the same "something" that Vincent Laforet has been testing lately?

http://blog.vincentlaforet.com/2013/03/31/nab-2013-schedule-and-something-very-special-coming-to-this-blog-part-ii/

If it is, it's probably from Canon...

• @oscillian did your source confirm MFT mount? Active? Regardless, this is a HISTORICAL leak.

• This is insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YYYYYEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGGMIGMGGMFOFMFOFMF

• @oscillian so its not a DSLR?

• My Swedish source at NAB confirms detachable screen. The camera is modular with a barebones "black box" sensor core. The version he saw had a DSLR style grip attached and a 5" OLED screen, but there are ENG grips with zoom rocker available too. Panny's calling it a m4/1 system and it looks like Toschiba's making the sensor!

• @kabuto1138

My understanding is that camera will save on other parts, like it won't have any screen.

• Don't know, but maybe he posted it his main account to NOT look more suspicious? but still, this will be a interesting next couple of weeks before whatever happens in NAB happens. And hopefully is THIS. MFT in 4k for less than the BMCC? a dream come true. That SpeedBooster(in June now?) cannot ship fast enough.

• the profile that has that video posted has NOTHING else posted.

Why do you think that guy posting such leak will be doing this in his main account?

• the profile that has that video posted has NOTHING else posted. Weird. And look how corny that board behind him looks. with 4k and 2k plastered around.

Still.. I hope is true.

• @kabuto1138

It can be not only panasonic manager, can be Sony one. Both make cameras and both have issues with TV business.

• 43rumors says "manager (from Panasonic?)" he is clearly talking about a different company, so A, he is a Panasonic manager talking about another brand(I doubt this since the GH3 is selling like cupcakes after the GH2 did the same) or B, he is not from Panasonic talking about another brand.

Where does the speculation become that he is taking about Panasonic, or a MFT in 4k in there?

... still, I hope that's case, cause that would be badass.

• Interesting, I wait dont be an unfounded rumor.

Hope it is not. It is really time to get something with raw ability that could ship on time.

• Interesting, I wait dont be an unfounded rumor.