Personal View site logo
GH3 user reviews and opinions
  • 1089 Replies sorted by
  • @lumixgeorge

With all firmware talks go to main GH3 topic.

• Has anyone tried the firmware update for the GH3 yet?

• shoot only in IPB 50 . And if you are using manual lenses, try not to lower the sharpness. Leave it at 0. Only in Pany-Oly lenses you have to lower a bit.

• No it isn't, 72mbps is a little bit low for an Intra frame codec. The 50mbps is a long gop codec, seems te be far better (a lot af people said and tried it on this forum, also driftwood said it).

Hopefully if the gh3 get hacked, we will have a good Intra frame codec on a high bitrate.

• But isn't the 72 all intra the best setting,(so confusing)

• don't use the 72mbps, it's no good. Try 50mbps long gop

• I was using 1080/24p 72Mbts All Intra. I thought about adding some sharpness, but all the really good footage i have sean used -2 or -5

• @appyinau

Yeah, just remember that the GH2 is a little biased towards green and the GH3 will go more towards magenta. If you want it to look more like the GH2, try dialing in a bit more green.

• did you try 1080P25 mov 50mbps (shutter 50) or 1080p50 mov 50mbps? (shutter 100) Both have good quality

• @appyinau Try and raise sharpness to +2 and change recording to 50 ipb. I find gh3 colour better then gh2. Gh2 always a little greenish.

• Can anyone help? Im having all sorts of problems getting my new GH3 to look half decent, i was using a GH2 before with Sanity hack. The out-of-camera was awesome. I was hopeing the GH3 would be the same. I have seen other footage and it looks wonderful, but im haveing no look. It's like i have tha Canon 600back and have to colour correct every shot. Im trying real hard to do everything in camera and concentrate on composition and story. I have done a lens comparison to maybe help me find a solution. Anyone have any pointers, I do think that the GH3 is not as sharp as the sanity GH2.

• Scarlet, 5D III, GH3, GH2, one lens:

• Don't have a GH-3. Am I coreect, the Gh-3 no longer has Dynamic B&W? One of my favorite features of the Gh-1/2.

• @tinyrobot, at previous page(last post) I posted an example. But maybe it is a little to dark

• @conscius can you share your workflow for shooting night? Do you have any footage as examples?

• "dark scenes, doesn't mean that you have no light at shooting." I know, I had 2 ledpanels. But day for night is in my experience not the ideal solution. I did the lightning so I don"t had to do a lot of work in post. But, on the gh3 screen, everything looked brighter. And btw, my maximum iso was 640.

• dark scenes, doesn't mean that you have no light at shooting. The right way is to shoot with lot of light (so you dont have too much grain) and then you use "day for night" post techniques.

• yo guys, Here a gh3 test from me. Probably I'm gonne use it for a new shortmovie (stil have to do grading, voices, audio,...)

But what do you think about the image? Is it to dark? gh3 standaard -2-2-2-2 Nokton 25mm and lumix 12-35 lenses Iso 640 max. Pasw: gh

• i did not found showcase topic .... oprosti mi vitaliy ovo je novi video od mene

This is my new test GH3

• @Lambo

I suggest to use Showcase category for your videos, not opinions topic.

• Hi guys,

I've done some more tests to see which settings should I use for long periods of recording time (on weddings for example).

You can download my test here: http://we.tl/uqXnuE7GTm

The settings used where: M Video, Standard color profile, ISO 6400, f/6.3, 1/50 sec and 25 fps. The noise reduction was set to -5, 0 and +5 respectively for both AVCHD and MOV files.

The interesting result was that AVCHD has less noise than MOV setting ( IPB 50 MB/sec), has a grater DR, but as expected a little bit less detail. to be honest I find the standard color profile on AVCHD to have the same amount of DR as neutral profile on MOV IPB. I also find the colors more natural (less magenta) on AVCHD, the MOV IPB has a magenta tint.

My conclusion so far is that for general purpose use, the AVCHD codec is quite good, especially on standard profiles. Don't get me wrong, man can always use MOV IPB for the best image quality, especially for grading in PP.

• Nice footages !