Personal View site logo
NAB 2013 Exhibition topic
  • 80 Replies sorted by
  • I'll be there. In booth c9049 with my distributor, international supplies. I'll only have limited time to get out to see stuff, but I'd like to meet other pv people and I'm easy to find. Inflatable softboxes for led lights. Come tell me what's cool for when I he away from the booth!

• With the successful sale of new CineAlta™ 4K cameras, expected to reach more than 2,000 units shipment worldwide by the end of April 2013, the XAVC format has been widely adopted in the marketplace. The format holds various advantages for high quality image reproduction including 4K pixel resolution, 10 bit color depth, wide color space (S-Gamut) and refined gamma (S-log).

Sony is today announcing Long GOP (4K 4:2:0 and HD 4:2:2) as choice of high-efficiency codec to serve more widely the requirements of the content production market. In addition, to serve the consumer market, “XAVC S” employing MP4 wrapping format is also introduced as its expansion of XAVC. This expansion will encourage growth of 4K content in the consumer market.

“XAVC S” profile

• Resolution: 4K (3840 x 2160), HD, and Proxy
    • Compression: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
    • Wrapping format: MP4
    • Audio: Linear PCM and AAC

Via: https://blog.sony.com/press/sony-expands-xavc-format-to-accelerate-4k-development-in-the-professional-and-consumer-market/

• Sony is developing 4K OLED monitors that can reproduce video signals with the highest degree of accuracy. This R&D technology will be demonstrated at NAB with 30-inch (4096 x 2160) and 56-inch (3840 x 2160) prototypes. Sony’s 30-inch 4K OLED monitor is planned to be launched in 2014

https://blog.sony.com/press/sony-unveils-prototype-professional-4k-oled-monitor-at-nab-2013/

• Sony’s new 50p/60p digital triax camera live production system allows sports broadcasters and rental houses to increase their operational efficiency and produce incredible content using existing triax infrastructures.The camera system offers broadcast-quality transmission at both 1080 50p/60p and 1080 100i/120i frame rates, regardless of whether the venue has pre-installed optical fiber or triax cabling.

Sony’s digital triax camera system comprises four new digital triax transmission products: the HDC-2570 HD portable camera, the HDFX-200 digital triax camera control unit (CCU) adapter, the HDTX-200 digital triax camera adapter and the HKC-TR27 side panel digital triax adapter. The system delivers broadcast quality content at 1080 50p/60p through traditional triax cables.

Via: https://blog.sony.com/press/sony-unveils-new-50p60p-digital-triax-camera-system/

• LAS VEGAS, April 7, 2013– Sony Electronics is announcing prices and availability for its new 4K Ultra High Definition TV sets unveiled at CES in January. The new XBR-55X900A (55-inch) and XBR-65X900A (65-inch) 4K Ultra HD LED TVs will cost $4,999 and $6,999 respectively and are available for order online and at retail beginning April 21, 2013.

Sony is also announcing its 4K Media Player, the FMP-X1, and video distribution service – both industry firsts.

“These new models will be arriving in homes just before the summer and are sure to bring the enhanced viewing experience of 4K TV to a whole new audience,” said Mike Lucas, senior vice president, Sony Electronics Home Division. “Our TVs deliver a vibrant and natural picture that is four-times clearer than high definition. As for content, these new sets enhance all of the video people are watching today, and this summer our 4K media player, followed in fall by the video distribution service will demonstrate how Sony continues to lead in bringing the 4K entertainment experience to viewers.”

https://blog.sony.com/press/sony-announces-price-and-availability-of-its-new-xbr-4k-ultra-hd-led-tvs-2/

• @MattRobertson7 which hard hitting questions would you like to be asked of Canon? If you ask them here.. there is a chance that those who are going might be able to put "your" questions to Canon :)

• Really interested in canon's suspected announcement. Would love if someone could ask the hard hitting questions on that if they actually come through with something intriguing

• Sony is going to announce a new Camcorder tonight. Might be worth checking that thing out.

• I bet we see a full frame, 4k+, cropable, micro 4/3 mount, professional camera from Panasonic (Varicam). it will unfortunately record lame codecs on P2 SD cards.

• Protools 11 launch May release

• Sony is going to announce something, hope that it is something good.

• It would be great to meet any PV members btw.. :-)

I think we must have certain time and place for this each day.

Also, if anyone want to make T-Shirts like http://www.personal-view.com/faqs/photokina/coverage/t-shirts let me know.

• Very interested in this.

• @lertavu

Can you provide as much info about Smoke as possible?

• Vincent Laforet endorsing a non-Canon camera? LaForget about that. I would like to see at least great true 2K at an affordable price first.

• @sicovdplas, true and I totally agree. It had been said that Mr Laforet may be working/presence from Canon booth or other at this NAB 2013, so one may have thought there may be some Canon product nexus between his tease announcement and his alleged NAB presence. All hearsay, I can not verify anything. I am not even sure if I am awake or this a dream within a dream within a..... I know it is now 2 April here in Australia. I like the lead up to NAB, always fun and excitement, and I (we?) could do with some more of that from time to time. Have a good one, friends!

• I REALLY hope they'll show more than that 4k AC-like camcorder concept at the Pany booth.... What happened to that Variocam thingfrom NAB 2012? That looked quite interesting.

• c200 raw is impossible, it will kill their higher line of products

• Reference to GoPro, middle of page 8 >> http://digital.copcomm.com/i/115625/9 "show some new proof-of-concept technology" at NAB 2013.

Vincent Laforet, "game changer" ? >> http://blog.vincentlaforet.com/2013/03/31/nab-2013-schedule-and-something-very-special-coming-to-this-blog-part-ii/ C200? RAW?

• I'll be there. Lmk if you need me to take some pix or something.

• I will be there. I have 4 sessions at PPW (Post Production World) and will be presenting at the Autodesk booth on Smoke 2013 daily.

• @re9d all MFT cameras and accessories are of interest to me.

• @re9d, it's unlikely but if Panny releases a AF100 sucessor, or any other camera that uses MFT glass it would be really great to have as in depth of a look as possible from the perspective of someone who understands gh2/3. Most of us here are pretty heavily invested in the glass and so such a camera would of course be of a lot of interest, especially for enp work. I really wish there was something that used m43 glass and could do 120 fps at 1080 and clean 422 10 bit + out over sdi. But that's another topic.