Personal View site logo
24mm F1.4 T1.5 Samyang Rokinon official topic
  • >Samyang Optics is proud to inform about the upcoming release of the new Samyang lens 24mm f/1.4 ED AS UMC. 

>Optics of the lens has been constructed based on the system of 13 lenses arranged in 12 groups. It should be noted that 4 lenses has been made of the low-dispersion glass (ED), while two another are aspheric lenses. We have also employed multi-layered and anti-reflexive coatings of UMC type adding to the perfect light transmission. Samyang 24 mm F1.4 ED AS UMC has been designed to work with most popular reflex cameras produced by renown manufacturers and equipped with small-image sensors or smaller. The lens will be available with a mount for the following systems: Canon, Four Thirds, Nikon AE, Pentax, Samsung NX and Sony Alpha.

>24mm focus is tailor-made for most of the sensors available on the market today. In the case of full-frame cameras, it constitutes a high-quality wide-angle lens perfect for street, landscape and architecture shooting. Whereas photographers using DX sensors will get just perfect lens for the purposes of calmer journalist and landscape photography. The lens attached to Four Thirds cameras will create a universal and bright construction corresponding to the 50mm focus.

>The lens should be available for sale by the end of the year or at the beginning of 2012. The exact price will be announced at a later date. Soon, we will be able to present sample photos taken with this sophisticated device.

• 119 Replies sorted by
  • This Samyang 24mm f1.4 looks very much like the Samyang/Rokinon 35mm f1.4. The 35mm in Nikon mount works beautifully with the TrusMT Follow Focus. (Note the focus ring on Nikon mount turns the opposite direction than Four Thirds.) Can't wait to pick up the 24mm lens as well!
  • So, we aleady have 8mm, 14mm, 35mm, 85mm.
    Now 24mm is coming.
    7.5mm fisheye for m43 also.

I really want to see 14mm F2 m43 version so it could accept filters.
    18mm F2 and 50mm F1.4.
    May be 100mm F1.4 also :-)
  • Love Samyang. I already own the 85 and the 14 and have been eyeing the 35 for a while. Nice to see they're continuing to release new lenses that will hopefully go up against the best from Nikon, Canon, etc.
  • They produce very good lenses.
    I found no flaws in 14mm, 35mm and 85mm I have.
    All designed for a purpose.
    I also like that you could get them much cheaper under Rokinon or Bower brands :-)
  • Samyang = Rokinon = Bower?
  • Also Vivitar sells this lenses.
    May be some other brand is used.
  • u fucking kidding me? Lol , now I have to save up again after getting 35mm (it breathes quite heavily, but so does 20mm 1.7) Samyang please stop making great, all manual FF lenses, at sexy prices! Seriously though, good FF all manual glass are a very good investment.
  • Opteka is another brand that rebadges Samyang lenses.
  • Samyang 35mm 1.4 is my favorite lens. Everything about it is amazing for the price. Best lens investment I've made and hopefully the 24mm will be the same. If you don't own the 35, do yourself a favor and buy it.
  • @Xenocide38

Fully agree :-)
    Only one thing is not good in it - it breathes alot.
    So, be careful if use FF alot.
  • @Xenocide38
    I saw impressive samples of the Samyang 35mm 1.4, but does it outperform the Voigtlander Nokton 40mm 1.4? The nokton is about $50 cheaper on ebay.
  • I think Nokton something different, it looks like the classic Leica drawing.I also like this lens. But to video work probably samyang will be more convenient, they have a version of free rotation of the diaphragm. Although, I could be wrong, it would be nice if someone made ​​a comparison:)
  • @Ze_Cahue
    I haven't used the Nokton 40mm so I wouldn't be able to judge. From the looks of it though, it is quite a bit smaller than the Samyang 35mm and I would guess also lighter. I have other fast lenses (some older Nikkors etc) but they all get too soft wide open. The thing I love about the Samyang is that it is perfectly reasonable to use wide open without any obvious effects on the overall image quality.

Check out some reviews on the Voigtlander and see if they say the same thing. From what I've read though, it's a bit soft wide open.
  • I just recieved Samyang (rokinon) 35mm 1.4, best lens I ever have. 100% I love it!!! Now I need to save money for 24mm 1.4.
  • @sioppa

What adapter are you using ?
  • @Tommyboy

I am using a Fotasy, Nikon(G)-M4/3, adapter from rainbowimaging, but I don't like it since I am using Samyang and other maual A.I. lenses (infinity focus way before infinity stop also kinda woble). It was okay when I use Nikon G lens though. I ordered another adapter, Fotodiox, NIK - M4/3 for my samyang. Hopely that one is okay...
  • This lens on the micro 4/3 is gonna be 50mm right?
  • @ sioppa

Thanks, You saved me some time. I was looking at rainbowimaging for Canon mounts and now I need to take a look at different alternatives.

@HillTop1

more like 48mm ;-)
  • @Tommyboy, yah.
    I am still a little confused about the various focal lengths for non-micro 4/3 lenses and how they match up with the micro 4/3. So is the Samyang 35mm f1.4 for example be 70mm or will it stay at 35mm?
    If it's 35mm, why does the 24mm gets up to 48mm on micro 4/3?
  • @HillTop1

35mm is 70mm in micro 4/3 world.

micro 4/3 is 2x crop sensor.
  • Is there a UV filter for Rokinon FE14M-C 14mm F2.8 Ultra Wide Lens for Canon?
  • @HillTop1
    I suggest to look at
    http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/688/dslr-hd-video-tutorial-videos

Different fixed lenses have different FOV.
    You can look at m43 as film where you cut central part, so you'll instantly understand that 35mm FOV on full frame and m43 is quite different (2x different in photo mode) :-)
  • >Is there a UV filter for Rokinon FE14M-C 14mm F2.8 Ultra Wide Lens for Canon?

What do you mean?

You can use any 77mm filter you like.
  • OOK That's good. If you look at this image the glass is not flat hence my confusion.

Thanks for clarifying!
    r.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 175K