Personal View site logo
Cluster X: Series 1 - moon - ЅріzZ - nebula - drewnet - Slipstream
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • What would people say is the best picture profile to use alongside moon?

• Awesome stuff Nick, that's amazing how you've mastered this stuff :) Anyway, I know you're working on even sharper matrix atm, but is it possible to go in the opposite direction as well? I love Chris Brandin's slightly softer AN444, do you think it would be possible to make a similar thing with Moon? Thank you.

• @GravitateMediaGroup BMCC has 12Bit Raw none below 6K can beat it. its the cheapest yet outstanding digital fim camera. GH3 hacks will sure reach somewhere better than GH2 for sure. A hacked GH3 will sure replace many Full HD professional camcorders (FS100, FS700 AF105, VG900, etc). Then the new Blue Moon Cluster x GOP1 Trail 4 is gonna be the sharper one, which is a very good news. lets celebrate. @driftwood Thank u for taking my request into consideration.

• @rajamalik gh3 beat fs100, yet the fs700? No camera below 6k can beat the BMCC?

Uehmm are you talkin about cameras or tractors?

Is it certain, that the next moon trial setting will be sharper than the previous ones? So far i am actually pretty happy with 24p performance of Moon.

• I tried Moon 3 yesterday for a concert capture consisting of 2 parts of approximately 50 minutes. It spanned flawlessly on my SanDisk Extreme Pro SDXC 95 MB/s, 64 GB. I did also some short clips before the event, resulting in a total of 28 mts files on the card.

Now i have a problem importing in FCPX (v1.0.0.7). FCPX can see only three clips : two short clips i did as a test after installing Moon, and one clip of approximately 50 minutes. Then I tried viewing the clips in the camera but only the first two can playback. Then, when i put back the card in the computer, FCPX only sees these first two (i already imported the three clips the first time).

I am quite new at hacking the GH2. I tried FlowMotion v2.02 before and had quite similar behavior (spanning ok but write error bug when i shut off without recording a short clip, no in camera playback, FCPX import troubles).

In a previous attempt with FM2.02, I managed to import the clips FCPX didn't see in going through RevolverHD rewrapping tool, but it takes time to go one file at a time. Do you think there's a way to import directly in FCPX or a better way of handling this situation. Do other people have similar behavior with Moon, and with other hacks? (sorry if it's not the best thread to post).

For now, i import directly in FCPX without converting into ProRes as i am using a new MacbookPro 15" Retina 16Gb which seems to handle native AVCHD quite well. Is there a point in going through something like 5DtoRGB (i have trouble finding the latest consensus in color space/gamma bug taking the latest FCPX version into account).

I hope to show you my footage quite soon (using Voigtländer 17.5mm in relatively low light).

• @mirrorkisser i know fs700 is for slowmotion and lot more. capturing codec and quality wise i discussed not features. just hack quality. BMCC is terrible the 13stop dynamic range with 12bit raw proved it can be pushed to limitless levels in post.I have seen it in a featured film post production the davince resolve + BMCC is the cheapest and very successful pair.there is no alternative for BMCC nothing stands to its level only above 6K we could see few getting its quality & quantity.if u have different view in this Please go and check it u r self.

• Anyone here with 5D MKIII?? is it possible for anyone to do a comparison with Stock MKIII and Cluster x blue moon trial 4 ???

• @phouba for FCPX 5dtorgb is the only solution to get maximum output use prores 422 or prores 422 HQ, all the best!!

• @rajamalik Do you really think I don't already know what you posted? Lol Go shoot something

And you are wrong about the BMCC. The bolex and Kineraw will give it competition

• @rajamalik and what settings do you use for 5dtorgb? full range 709 or broadcast safe 601?

• Where's Cluster X Series: 'Moon' Trial 4 (Released 12/02/2013)??? I can't find the link...

• OK I just read the page before, it's testing time, so i'll wait, sorry for the previous coment...

• Hey guys, can't wait for the 'Blue Moon' experience aka 'Moon t4' !

• @GravitateMediaGroup u own a bmcc right?? thats cool,..good info thx, bolex and Kineraw the availability matters. here in indian cinema these cameras are not at all available at present. infact the industry here just had a talk abt super 16 Bolex last month.

• @keikerr use it according to u r wish. every setting works see what u like what is good for u r production, NLE etc. i use "Prores 4444 ITU BT.709 Full Range Gamma 1.2" its actually a overkill according to many 5drgb users. but for grading and extreme Lumen adjustments this setting works great. (dont change frame rate it will remove u r audio track ;) )

• @keikerr Trial 4 is still under Final Daylight tests.

• I used "Cluster X Series: 3 GOP 'Spizz' from bkmcwd" 24p mode.

Thanks to @bkmcwd and @driftwood.

*FILM MODE is NOS.(-2,0,+1,-2) and the lens is LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 45-175mm

*SANDISK Extreme Pro SDXC UHS-I (95MB/s) 64GB

• @har_k Cool stuff ! Keep it Up ! will u please share NLE & grading Technique used??

• @rajamalik if you have the internet, the cameras will become available for you to purchase the same time they are available to everyone.

• @ har_k

'Spizz' seems to be a very nice setting too, especially when bkmcwd touches it ! He's known for outstanding settings like the "valkyries"

wonderful

• @har_k, that's some good stuff man. I have always like @bkmcwd 3GOP patches too.

• @GravitateMediaGroup u r rite, but not in india, if u r an indian u will understand what i am talking about.

• @rajamalik you are the only one that sets the limits, not where you live anything else you need to say PM because this is off topic

• *** NEWS ***

Cluster X Series 'moon' Trial 4 inc 'Blue Moon' matrix. released 13/02/2013 - see page 1 to download under the moon comment.

Slightly sharper matrix than Trial 3 and QP experimented on 14. Try it out! Let me know with feedback asap.

moontrial4_2.png
    2560 x 1440 - 5M
    moon_trial_4.png
    1999 x 1363 - 1M
  • Sorry, already fixed.

For deleting...

This topic is closed.
← All Discussions
Start New Topic

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Sign In Register as New User

Tags in Topic

Top Posters