Personal View site logo
Help identify/find the movie (pushing mother down the stairs)
  • Im trying to watch a movie I once saw, very long time ago, all I remembered was this scene where a young pretty blonde holds and then deliberately pushes her mother (i think) down the flight of stairs.

For some reason, that was a shocking scene to me...I cannot be 100% sure, but I'd say I'm 99% sure it was something from the 60s, and it certainly looked well made, like Hollywood production, so Im certain it wasnt some obscure B movie...

anyone got the idea what Im talking about?

• 10 Replies sorted by
  • I'm not familiar with this one, but you should not miss Kiss of Death, starring Richard Widmark.

• The film is "Pretty Poison", starring Anthony Perkins and Tuesday Weld, directed by Noel Black. A hidden gem.

• Positive about Pretty Poison? Just watched the trailer, didn't ring any bell, I think the movie featured some big name 60 female, blonde...I think she was blonde...damn I can't remember :D

• Doubt that it is something you search, but good movie

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev found that video just moments ago while Googling the term "she pushed her down the stairs" :D

If it's of any use...the scene I'm talking about was pretty darn "evil"...the main girl (the sexy blonde) was standing in her blue dress or some kind of velvety garment, and without blinking an eye, emotionless, pushed the lady down the stairs, deliberately

Looked pretty mean, at least that's how I remembered it...can't wait to find it, I know I will :)

• You will find it listed here under stairways for death http://www.classicfilmguide.com/index0246.html

• @Rambo which one is it, I dont see it

• Don't you think Bette Davis is sexy too?

• "Perkins could also be surprisingly generous to his fellow cast members at times and, in one instance, helped Beverly Garland prepare for the scene where she is shot at point blank range by her daughter on the stairs; Perkins showed her how to tumble down the steps without injuring herself. "

http://www.tcm.com/this-month/article/255656%7C0/The-Gist-Pretty-Poison-.html

I'm pretty sure. Unforgettable scene.

• Dangnabit! I just saw a well known B&W movie on TCM where a young girl is being nattered by her mother, and the girl coldly shoves her down a flight of stairs. Can't remember the name of it. Maybe there's something about this type of scene that makes you want to forget the title :)