Personal View site logo
14-150mm F3.5-5.8 Di III Tamron m43 zoom lens
  • 35 Replies sorted by
  • For same weight as Oly but have VC that is pretty appealing for general travel lens

• Point is, - much lighter, - 1/3 stop faster at wide angle, - possibly better OIS and/or faster AF, - possibly even cheaper.

As always, we'll have to wait for price and test reports to know more...

• I don't see the point. Maybe a year ago when price of Panasonic 14-140mm was high...now always available new for under $600 on ebay.

Now a 12-120mm f4 would really get my attention...

• Looks promising...

• AFC performance? Parfocal lens? Let's wait and see.

• @igorek7

Yep, Tamron superzooms lately have good reputation. I have 18-250mm for Pentax and it is good lens, 18-270mm is better according to feedback.

• Relying on the Tamron 14-150mm filter size, 52mm, that is 10mm smaller than one of the Panasonic lens, the maximum aperture (speed) of the Tamron's lens should decline fast from f/3.5 to 5.8 with the zoom focal length. Nonetheless, it is small and light, and --if its price is right while quality is decent-- the lens might be quiet popular as a "general all purpose zoom".

• Image from DPreview:

tamron.jpg
    800 x 619 - 65K
  • It must be good lens, especially for fast run and gun, and cheaper than Panasonic.

• Circular diaphragm. Nice. This looks good...any idea of price?

EDIT: Almost 1/2 the weight of the Panny 14-140/4-5.8 too. Be interesting to see how well the VC works compared to the OIS.