Personal View site logo
45mm Samsung F1.8 2D/3D lens
  • The first one-lens 3D system capable of capturing both still images and full HD movies in perfect 3D quality

• Focal Length - 45mm (69.3mm in 35mm format)
    • 7 elements in 6 groups
    • 34.7° angle of view
    • 2D : F1.8* (Min. F22), Blades - 9 , Circular Aperture Diaphragm
    • Minimum Focus Distance - 0.50m
    • Maximum Magnification - Approx. 0.12X
    • Lens Hood
    • 43mm filter size
    • Dual shutter
    • Size - 44.4 x 61.5mm
    • Weight - 115g
    • Retail price - $599.99

The Samsung 45mm 2D/3D lens opens up an exciting world of 3D imaging possibilities and is the world’s first one-lens 3D system for a consumer camera. Capable of capturing both still pictures and full 1080p HD video, the Samsung NX300 and 45mm 2D/3D lens kit have become the only compact system camera supporting both 3D still and 3D movie. The NX300 is also compatible with Samsung’s entire range of NX lenses and professional standard accessories, giving users an unparalleled range of options when striving for that perfect shot

• 13 Replies sorted by

nx300_7.jpg
    800 x 786 - 135K
  • I wonder what the interaxial distance is. From the pictures, it looks like it will be the smallest available for a one camera system.

• @fredfred27

In fact, it projects image on full sensor each time. Just LCD shutter is closed first for left part and next for right part. So, it is interesting how to calc interaxial distance here :-)

• Great idea for slow moving subjects. Terrible for fast motion. Curious to see how it will work.

• Review:

Samsung have created a lens which delivers excellent sharpness from maximum aperture, very low levels of fringing, low falloff and distortion. It is as close to flawless as can be had, especially for the asking price of around £230. This lens should make a great addition to any existing Samsung NX kit, and the fast maximum aperture will be a bonus for shooting in low light, or for isolating your subject from the background.

http://www.ephotozine.com/article/samsung-45mm-f-1-8-nx-i-function-lens-review-21690

• A 6 foot tall Elmo in 3D! Lol. Must be shot in NYC - no one even looks or thinks this is unusual...just another NYC thing.

• @matt_gh2

Btw, about 3D cameras and such - it is now golden period, as lots of them are discounted.

3D photos, if you make them for your memory are much better idea compared to good bokeh on FF and such.

• I guess they're discounting them now because they haven't become popular yet?

• I guess they're discounting them now because they haven't become popular yet

Thing is, if you have right tool for yourself, you do not care if it popular or not.

• Absolutely agree. I was just womdering about why the pricing is inexpensive.