Personal View site logo
Driftwood - Experimental Series 2: Low Rider, Cluster v8, V9, Intravenus II, GH3onaGH2, AN, Boom
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • @blackspot @daisuke thanks! but the sounds are not recorded using the GH2 at all. All sounds are from the great users of http://www.freesound.org/

Colour corrected first to get the desired exposure then applied FilmConvert with subtle settings.

I also used an RGRAIN overlay for a more coarse grain.

@jdude It's the Apocalypse Now 'Boom!' - Intra GOP1 24p Flat 4 matrix experiment.

The final render to h.264 made the footage look a bit too saturated.

• @retrospective Very nice video. Love the grading. Witch AN DREWnet 12/15GOP or Nebula 6GOP ?

• Thanks for all your efforts Nick Your the gift that keeps on giving

• @retrospective Looks great. What kind of grain did you use for the video? It really helps out in my opinion.

• @retrospective God damn! Best film"sound" I have ever seen out of GH2 and any DSLR! How did you do it? Your own grade-chain or some film-preset?

• Apocalypse Now Boom Soft

SLR Magic 12mm and a few Canon FD 50mm

Footage was softer than I thought plus my cheap Fader ND didn't help with the softness at all.

• Thanks for these new releases @driftwood

Can you please explain what the "Low Rider" and the "Apocalypse Now 'Intravenus' v2 " offers in plain English? Thanks!

• Low Rider is a new GH2 setting based on addressing a simple mid-range low pass frequency matrix whilst using intial Q and Chris Brandin's Auto Quantise routine to drive down quantisation to new low levels and tighter DC values. Its less of a tighter grain than other matrices like seen in Intravenus but provides quantisation values in Intra never seen before - retaining solid low average Q across the pictures and a very good PSNR. 1080p24 works particularly well.

Low Rider is out on page 1.

• @GravitateMediaGroup I shot on standard -2 all...same as I do for CanisMajora. Not sure this account for such a big difference though.

• @cbrandin I am wondering whether your re-adjusted 444 soft matrix that Driftwood is using in his recent and upcoming settings has fixed that pulsing bug that I noticed in the first 444 matrix version?

• Anyone knows witch of these latest Hacks could be the more stable for shooting a wedding?

• awesome stuff, thank you Nick&Chris! :]

• @driftwood Tried intravenous 2 wow a dream. The only problem is if you shoot with a Sandisk 32 30mb/s on HBR the camera will freeze and lock up from time to time. Any clues? I know you hv asked users to use a faster card

• @defier what settings did you use? smooth -2 on all?

• I shot some indoor stuff with IntraVenus v2...not impressed. Just did not have the color pop of Canis Majora (the last one I used). Watched clips back to back on a 50" plasma. IntraVenus was not even close.

• See how IV GH2 cuts with BMCC and GH3

• @Driftwood Does this Intravenus II will be stable for shooting a wedding with a SanDisk 128GB SDXC Memory Card Extreme Class 10 UHS-I?

• Intravenus II is a dream!!! Sir Driftwood has shown us once again why he's the "King" of all the settings!

• thanks Nick (Intravenus v2) !!!

• @grave that was a good one,, expectation made me say its short

• @rajamalik Too short? Lol Just be glad somebody has posted a video with it. IMO it's all I needed to see and I'm going full throttle testing. 50 seconds sold me on it.

• @Weomck nice work,,.but too short,,.

• @driftwood Very cool. Thanks

• Started working with canis series ,,. Finally a big satisfaction with complete pack of canis settings,,. Thank you so much @Driftwood I have a doubt sir I used std -2 all setting for all my previous works. Do you have any note or suggestion which includes the profile?? Shall I use STD -2-2-2-2 for all canis setting or it's an individually marked up one?? Any tips on canis AM sir?

• For all the birder-lovers our there... shot 4hrs ago w/ Intravenus v2