Personal View site logo
Short video HDSLR course for beginners
  • This is not something very new (as course was complete in April, in fact).

But can be useful, if you understand the fact that B&H was sponsor of whole thing.

http://www.hdslrhub.com/
  • 4 Replies sorted by
  • Absolutely no disrespect to other bloggers like Philip Bloom, but generally, I find that Shane is the one I pay the most attention to because I like in many posts how he explains very well, with diagrams you can download, how he lit certain real narrative film scenarios, and he gives people an insight into pretty cool, "real" film productions. And plus, i think he's one of the few who truly realise that shooting at f1.2 on a 5d is not cinematic :)
  • >i think he's one of the few who truly realise that shooting at f1.2 on a 5d is not cinematic :)

I'll tell you even worse thing.
    Shooting on F1.7 on GH1-GH2 most of the time if also not cinematic.
    Good acting, light and sound - this is parts of "cenematic".
    Shallow DOF then you need (and can) make it not so shallow, is not cinematic.
  • well ofcourse.. I mean , everyone knows that in cinema on S35mm, noone really shoots anything below f2.8 and that's stretching it a lot..
  • this is great- thanks, I especially like 'workflow' epV. Offers great info on organization of data.
    I'm a big fan of P.Bloom as well, but it's always good to find other pros out there who can offer some 'real-world' advice, techniques, and info.

thanks for sharing!

and great site here btw Vitaliy. I've been a supporter of your efforts since the "looking for research volunteers" thread over at DVX.

Thanks for everything V!!

Z