Personal View site logo
Driftwood - Experimental Series 2: Low Rider, Cluster v8, V9, Intravenus II, GH3onaGH2, AN, Boom
  • 1008 Replies sorted by
  • @jhero Wow, excellent, very inspiring work. Grats to the team.

• @driftwood Nick- Any chance of a Christmas/New Year's suprise, like cluster V8?

At any rate, "joyeuses fêtes" as we say here in Québec to you, Chris, Vitaliy and all the patch developers who have opened up a world of wonder with the GH2!

• @jhero Beautiful work!

• Intravenus VS GH3 and BMCC - Here's a teaser, and the results will be coming soon. (not today though)

• Shot on Intravenus:

• Thank you Sulph and albert!

• @shian 1) BMCC 2) GH2 3) GH3.... that's my guess by observation.

• I replaced the file with the version from the final presentation. NOW see what your impressions are. There will be 3 more tests like this in the final shootout. Each one with a grade like this which tries to balance everything out evenly, then the raw, and finally a grade where each cam is maximized to suit it's strengths. (that's where you'll really see the differences shine.)

• @shian i'd say gh2, gh3 and last is the bmcc. curious what the outcome will be...

• Can we get cinema smooth for christmas this year? lol

1. GH2 Intra -
    2. BMC -
    3. GH3
    1. BMCC Then the other two :)
  • shian:-)

1.BMC

2.CH3

3.GH2

very difficult ... no clear difference in term of DR, no big contrast in this shot :-)

1. iPhone 5 (obvious as this was the best shot in the group - the image just "pops" in a way that only the latest model iPhone can achieve)
    2. Nikon Coolpix (the Ashton Kutcher model)(easy to spot this "cool offbeat funky" style anywhere.)
    3. iPhone 4 (the lower res 720P image was a dead giveaway - now we all MUST upgrade to the iPhone 5 immediately.
  • Close but no cigar.. its actually 1) Nikon Coolpix 2) Iphone 5 and then that abomination called Iphone 4..(waiting for the cinema smooth iphone 4 matrix lol)

• Shian

I guess it's:

1. BMCC
    2. Gh2
    3. Gh3

But I have a question: Why the third shot has a different distance ?

1. BMCC
    2. GH3
    3. GH2

If all cameras where side by side I think this would be the results due to the crop factor of the sensors for each camera in your video, then again I can be wrong that's why it's a guess.

• JHero,

besides intravenus, wich lenses and settings did you use on gh2? Any CC? I liked too much

• Shian,

The first take (with actress near) is good to analize the image quality, the second (a little far) isn't so good and the third is the worst to compare with the others. So I think (sorry) this test isn't good. I saw tests with different cameras (and different crop factors) with the same distances and angles, I think this is essencial to a real comparision.

• this is just a teaser - there are other tests. this was the simul-shot test. There's a test with the same lens and same action as well as others.

• Details are on the vimeo page. Let the vitriol begin. And definitely download the file. Vimeo really skews the results.

Not the most polished, professional test ever, but we had 1/1000th the budget of Zacuto, and very little time. We do our best to stress the BMCC, 5DMKIII, GH3, and Hacked GH2 in a High Dynamic Range shootout.

We went to some lengths to mess with the framing so as not to have the sensor crop give away which cam is which; primarily so that you'll focus more on which one(s) you like instead of trying to identify each cam. These comparisons have been graded down to the lowest common denominator to be as "equal" as possible. But in Part 2 we'll show you the raw footage.

• @Shian - C1: GH2, C2: 5D MK III, C3: GH3, C4: BMC, and I think - all the camera are good for us

• @butt I SWEAR! I was going to guess exactly how you did, I hope we are right so we can say "great eyes see alike" instead of "great minds think alike" 1=GH2 2=MKIII 3=GH3 4=BMCC

Was there a typo in the video, I'm sure I seen a MK2 listed before one of the test, should it have been a MK3, or was it a MK2?