Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 Settings for 720p50
  • I'm starting a new topic to individually test the 720 50p.

Their settings, I wrote here: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/16419#Comment_16419

44M settings were such: http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/14632#Comment_14632
    They do not work, but work on GOP24, 32M, AQ2

720 60p stably works on driftwood "Beautiful buffers" to 55M GOP12 AQ2-4. But not working at 50p.

There is a want to test 50p? Ptool 3.62D long time ago, but nobody tested it?
  • 61 Replies sorted by
  • Won't be long before 50i and 50p are done.... just be patient a few more days.
  • Thank you. Well, I also continue to test.
  • @Botvinic

Is there any hope to get B-frames directly. I mean not record at first in another mode before.
  • I did not understand what you mean.

44M is not stable at 36M Gop24 AQ2. Now I'm testing 34M
  • So, 50p are stable at 34 Mbps 24Gop AQ2.

66M is not stable at 34 Mbps 24Gop AQ2 =))))
  • My opinion: B-frames 34Mbit is as good as 54Mbit w/o B-frames.
  • @Botvinic what video buffer setting did u use? default? Sounds good.
  • @driftwood
    Here are the settings I use as a base, without changing the video buffer. 44M.
    http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/comment/14632#Comment_14632

@Grunf
    The detailed settings?
  • Yep. The 44M settings at 1080p24 are excellent on the buffer analysis and streamparser. Checking your 50p settings now.
  • @Botvinic those 720p50 settings dont work. Here's pappas test on them. Failure after a few seconds.
    44M 720p settings from 3 sep setc - elecard buffer analysis.png
    1678 x 696 - 77K
  • That's right, they only work on 34M 24Gop AQ2
    Or I do not understand what you mean?
  • I just get "wrighting limitations due to the memory card"............dam
  • I have had problems in setting 44M (720 34M, Gop24. AQ2) yesterday again, but I've formatted my card on the computer and everything works again.

After formatting the card 38 Mb are working. But on very complex scenes GH2 dies, such as trees in full screen. I made myself are settings: 38 Mbps - for SH mode, 30 Mbps for the H mode. Gop 24, AQ2

PS Silicon Power 32 Gb Class 10
    setb.zip
    705B
  • I shot the video a little more, and 38 Mbps dies again =(((. I think leaving 34 Mbps. Someone has tested 38 and 36 Mbps?
  • So, I shot with my settings (34 Mbps AQ2 Gop24) for 2 days. Never GH2 did not die in that time.

@driftwood, your test?
  • @Botvinic Attempting GOP1 at the moment on 720p50
  • Ha, ha ... this is incredible :)
  • In the beginning, ther was much talk about the possibility of putting B-frames in the 720 mode.
    As far as I remember it also worked.
    Now in the last weeks there was nothing to read about tis.
    Not important any more?
  • still refining 3 gop 720p50.
  • I know. Has that to do with the B-frames?
    And thanks for your testing.
    It is great that there are peopel like you, who know what they are doing when they test and then share their results with the group.
    Thank you.
  • @AKED dunno if youre up and about but could you test something for me. Can you put Encoder Setting 1 720p = 1 and Encoder Setting 2 720p = 1 (I know it sounds odd) and load the firmware. Record a 1080i FSH recording and tell me if its 25p or 25p in a 50 wrapper. thnks
  • I've tested many more, but I was not able set more than 34 Mbps. Below Gop24 (Gop12 worked only at 28 Mbps).

@driftwood
    Please say your current settings, I'll test too:)
  • @ driftwood, sorry, I went to bed right after I wrote my last message.
    Do you still need that test?
  • @AKED @Botvinic This is probably a false positive, but run this test very quickly for me and check it out. Read the instructions within the settings. ignore the 720p stuff for now and other settings. Test 1080 FSH and see what happens! Make sure you test at 50, 100, 125, 200 shutter, then do other shutter tests. Keep iso down low for now.
    NOTE: this is nowhere near a final setting, Im much further down the line but just want you guys to check this earlier setting.
    UPDATE: Now run another test and uncheck the encoder 720p settings. It appears its all about the video buffer being 3000000 :-)
    Driftwood GOP1 1080p25H test setf.zip
    666B
    GOP 1 25p Native Hack - Frames going up! more tests.png
    1297 x 673 - 87K
  • @Driftwood, ehi man, you sleep on the GH2, hehehehehe :)