Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Advice in in the search for a cheap laptop for LightRoom
  • For mobility I need a laptop. My budget is low, no more than $ 400 and as much as $ 500.

Lightroom is a dragon that literally eats my computer, when I do any operation as simple as it is, I can not do anything else or is very slow, for example if I have an audio or video is choppy. When I export a photo from LR lasts 1-2 minutes, if I want to export to more than 3 times the memory will not let me. As a second option I like to operate Premiere or Vegas editing videos GH2, although this is much to ask.

Im know that budget I cant find a fast computer, but at least I did not delay much.

This chart is my current laptop. The processor is obsolete, but 4GB of RAM is acceptable but far from ideal today.

PS: My experience with HP is not good, do not think it repeat with this brand.

Thanks!

MILAPTOP.jpg
    612 x 469 - 150K
  • 1 Reply sorted by
  • @Manu4Vendetta though not an advice on which laptop computer to buy, this chaotic "article" I wrote sometime ago may have some useful info 10 steps to make Lightroom 4 more responsive on a mac Most of the them if not all apply to Win users too =)

If not using external monitor, laptop's screen should be good/accurate "enough" to match your output, maybe that's something obvious, nevertheless.