Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Neway CK700-HOX, 1280x800 IPS monitor with vectorscope and waveform
  • 123 Replies sorted by
  • Yep, always a possibility, will work with Neway.

Would be great to do a head to head, just let me know when you've got your ikan back.

• Sorry to post my question again (see page 1), is it possible to modify/stretch the monitor image for 2x anamorphic use?

Previous model did not allow enough reduction of the vertical height to 'de-squeeze' 2x anamorphic footage.

What I am asking, is it possible to reduce the vertical height of the image to 50%, thus making the 800 pixels of height reduced down to 400 pixels on the monitor?

This, or other adjustments from the menu, may allow de-squeezed monitoring of 2x anamorphic recorded footage. Any testing or feedback is appreciated. Thank you.

• @WhiteRabbit

Just tested this for you and no go i'm affraid. no adjustment to the size of the image beyond 4:3, full, 16:9

no height or vertical adjustments in the menu

• @SeekingHeartwood, thank you for your prompt reply and test, incredible!

Interesting that there are no relevant adjustment options in the menu at all, like the NEWAY CL76HO-X and CL76SDI apparently have. See discussion here regarding menu options to try and setup for 2x anamorphic de-squeeze:

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/5590/1280x800-ips-7-neway-cl76ho-x-and-cl76sdi-monitors-amazing/p4

Thanks.

• Grid can be put on from the camera and will show up on the monitor if you are on GH2

• @SeekingHeartwood, after re-reading page 2 of this thread, I now see this monitor has less adjustability via the menu, compared to the CL76, which does not solve my anamorphic de-squeeze feature request. While this monitor, like so many others, does not provide for 2x anamorphic de-squeeze, with the additional scopes that the CL76 and others do not offer at this price point, I will likely purchase this one once I learn more about the issues that @Psyco has raised with @Vitaliy_Kiselev, and that future shipments from Neway have solved these issues via firmware update. Hopefully a firmware update can be installed by current owners.

@Vitaliy_Kiselev, any news or update status from the folks at Neway, in due course, is appreciated. Thanks.

• any news or update status from the folks at Neway, in due course, is appreciated

Any response will be after New year only. :-)

• Thanks, @Vitaliy_Kiselev. February and beyond.

• I did further tests with my CK700-HOX:

1) The ghost-image flashes with and without histogram or waveform turned off. It even gets worse if I turn waveform to "large" and then turn waveform off -> ghost image is now histogram + waveform flashing about every 10s!

2) The Pixel-to-pixel displays the left part of the picture in 1080i mode. Looks ok in 1080p mode. Unfortunately the Panasonic GH2 only puts out 1080i, so its a problem for me.

3) The advertised display resolution is not correct! The display has a lower resolution or there is some wired up and down scaling going on. In Pixel-to-pixel mode as well as in "native" 1280x720 mode (720p input signal) fine lines are very strong flickering when moved across the screen. This means that the used display has a lower resolution than 1280x720 (or 1280x800).

I double checked with my smallHD DP1x: flickering in normal mode, no flickering in 1:1 mode -> true 1280x720 display.

• The advertised display resolution is not correct! The display has a lower resolution or there is some wired up and down scaling going on. In Pixel-to-pixel mode as well as in "native" 1280x720 mode (720p input signal) fine lines are very strong flickering when moved across the screen.

And this statement is just not correct.

• Fine lines are flickering when moved across the screen in 1:1 mode - thats a fact everyone can test by connecting the monitor to a computer via HDMI and moving a picture or some thing (like your browser window) with fine horizontal and/or vertical lines across the screen (just use you mouse).

(Use extended desktop and select 720p or 1080p as output.)

• I just got CK700-HOX monitor and I'm very very happy with it! With audio levels, waveform and high resolution display my BMPCC became a monster cam! Firmware and controls are almost the same as my Lilliput 969A monitor.

There's few minor issues: Histogram flickers from time to time, when it's set to OFF With saturation at 100% it's still not enough to compensate BMPCC desaturated picture, as opposed to my Lilliput 969A, where I can get the color back at 70-80%

• Are firmware updates possible with this monitor?

Can't tell for now. I'll try to update as will have definite answers.

I asked Neway some days ago and was told, if possible at all we will have to send the monitor back to them (china)! The monitor has no USB port.

• I asked Neway some days ago and was told, if possible at all we will have to send the monitor back to them (china)! The monitor has no USB port.

Please do not rush, ok? We talked about it.

• Is there some news from Neway?

• Is there some news from Neway?

Right now they did not find a way to update firmware in place, as no connectors is present.

About bugs, they are working to fix them, I let you know about progress.

• if there would be a good video instruction I think I could open it up for update :P

• Looks cool. About half the price of getting the same in a Ninja Blade (that also records ProRes to replacable 2.5" HDDs instead of "just" being a monitor with scopes.)

• About half the price of getting the same in a Ninja Blade (that also records ProRes to replacable 2.5" HDDs instead of "just" being a monitor with scopes.)

How about accuracy? Blade price is $1000 and it has very small, hardly usable 5" monitor.

• Small update on bugs.

All bugs referenced in this topic are completely solved in all new batches:

1. Rarely flashing waveform and histogram. Fully solved.
    2. And also button response is now much more fluid in all modes.
  • Still has no way to do an anamorphic desqueeze of some sort, no?

My cheap H056 Monitor is capable of that, I'd like to upgrade for the scopes but that is an important feature for me :(

• Still has no way to do an anamorphic desqueeze of some sort, no

Not yet. Engineers have this wishes.

• anyone has a problem with focus peaking? because I simply don't have it at all