Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
RJ Lens Turbo m43 adapters
  • 782 Replies sorted by
  • @gameb It will behave like f/2, but keep the reduced focal length in mind. Focal length is a great factor in the shallowness of the Depth of Field. It's pretty easy to get actually - the f-stop is the relation between Focal Length and the size of the entry-pupil. Therefore, when the focal length gets changed by the adapter (because it becomes a unit with the lens), the entry-pupil stays the same. And therefore, the f-stop has to be increased, it's logic.

• @gameb

I think all of such things had been discussed in long Metabones topic.

• Anybody got the RJ's EOS to MFT speedboost? Can you please post some review. I have been waiting on the metabone one for a while. Seem like it is not happening anytime soon.

• @gh2hacked

It is good to understand that optically they are same with other RJ adapters. So, you can just check them.

• @gh2hacked I got one on the way, should be able to report soon

• My RJ M42 arrived. Looks really good. Well built, easy to put on my Takumar M42 lenses. I tried it with the 24/3.5 and the 35/2.0. Without any further precise tests, looks like they keep the great sharpness, contrast and colours of the Taks, giving more light and focal length. So I am happy so far with the performance, hopefully next days I can post some pictures.

• Just like i said a couple of weeks ago ;)

• Just received mine, EOS to MFT. So far so good, well packed, fits without any play (my 25$ normal adapter had terrible tolerances) Gotta do some tests with my samyang 14t3.1 and my takumar SMC 50f1.4 ;) I would love a tripod mont to equilibrate my setup, the samy+ RJ makes a very front heavy setup for the little G6...

• Just ordered the RJ EF - m43 adapter. I'm looking forward to trying it out on my Tamron 17-50mm 2.8 pentax mount, and Samyang 85 1.4

Canon FD to m43 adapter is available. All terms as for other adapters - $134 shipped. PM if you are interested.

gas8.jpg
    568 x 522 - 43K
  • Any news about Minolta MD version, dear Vitaliy?

• @nomad

With time all will be available.

• Ordered mine... once i get it will post some video tests on a 50mm f/1.4 Canon FD. Any requests?

• Sph1nxster 7:53PM Ordered mine... once i get it will post some video tests on a 50mm f/1.4 Canon FD. Any requests?

I'll be very interested in your findings with that lens. It's a bit soft at f1.4, maybe the booster will sharpen it up.

• @Sph1nxter Will do the same test with 50mm/1.8 but with Metabones for Canon FD. I ordered it one week ago But I wonder: Metabones FD was sold out for long time and in stock again two weeks ago. Now Lens Turbo is available as well. Same OEM manufacturer? Even same lenses?

• I received mine on Saturday (pretty fast for germany) I'm actually surprised by the performance so far, I expected it to be MUCH worse. I can share some (not very scientific) tests regarding sharpness, wideangle etc this evening if you like

• @Frame

What would the lenses have to do with the fd mount ?

• https://www.dropbox.com/sh/20va5qarjpbh8gu/2NHKxmqPus

for anyone interested. Nothing scientific, but maybe worth a look. Mind the 'read-me's

• @CameraRick

Thanks for the great test. Have you experience the blue spot?

• @CameraRick

Thanks for first up testing, I think I will pull the trigger on this. I know this was no scientific test but your images seemed to show the turbo was sharper in the centre and a softer in the corners. Have you found this to be the case or was that jut a matter of focusing?

• @CameraRick

Sorry just to clarify, I meant it seemed sharper than the images with no turbo.

• @gh2hacked thanks! :) Regarding that blue dot, I don't know how to provoke it. What do I have to do to get it?

@toca711 I find it actually really hard to focus this properly. You are 1m away from a wall, wide open, and try to get it perfect; no easy task :) you can see from the different color in the "CA" around that I was a bit off in both shots (wide open) You can clearly see the edges are a bit soft, yet the center looks fine. Positioning (as I have to move when adapter is on) is not too easy if you don't have a little setup for this, but I think it did the trick. Maybe I'll try again, with a Slider to move forward/bachward.

I did not have time to make some actual shots with it so far, as I mentioned I received it saturday but had way too much to do this weekend. This evening though I wanted to do some test shots with people in frame, in more of a real-world-scenario :)

Fun fact: the GH2 gets so wide in 16:9 that my Tokina 11-16mm starts to vignette very slightly in the edges at 11mm. A filter is not usable because you can see it immediantly at that focal length :)

• the Nikon to MFT is a snug fit on the BMPCC but not so with the Canon EF, it's loose. i emailed RJ about it, if there's some adjustment that can be done, but no reply.