Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Movie-making for everyone
  • Just write your story

All the worlds best movies, from Casablanca to Star Wars, started with text. That’s why in Plotagon, you start your movie with text. There are no timelines or animation clips. Just the ancient technologies of creativity and the written word.

You don’t have to learn complicated tools or know anything about animation. Plotagon animates everything for you. Press play, and environments and props are put into position, dialogue is converted into speech, and characters come alive before your eyes.

It is free and beta now.

https://plotagon.com/

• 7 Replies sorted by
  • I can't belive someone made such a useless software

• @jazzroy

I think it is fun and innovative.

it is useless if you want to make 3d model of the scene you want to shoot later mostly, but it is still fun.

• Looks fun - Ive pointed my young daughter to it. I remember the game The Movies which had similar working mechanics & ethos- somehow it got left behind - but she enjoyed it.

• joajoajojao, perhaps it could be useful to test some dialogue based comedies or something

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev It can be fun for the first hour to somebody who doesn't know anything about film making. It's really against freedom in scripting and storyboarding.

What's the purpose of pre-made scenes with pre-made actors and pre-made camera positions? You can't set things properly in space, you can't check timing of acting, details, expressions, you can't move your cameras as you would like to, you can't light the scene the way you meant.

You end up with an animatic that gives a different idea of what you wanted (and will resemble to hundreds of others too!).

I can imagine discussing about it: "yes, this is the idea, but.. the actors will be dressed totally different, and of course, there will be a shop instead of a house, and no car in front of it, the camera will not be there but on the other side, and will pan instead of being fixed. Ah, there's a pause in the climax but you have to imagine it right now, and everything will be dark except for the rimlights. But.. if you don't mind about such details you can watch the animatic to have an idea of it."

• Heck, give me this and Microsoft SongSmith and Bob's your uncle!

• It can be fun for the first hour to somebody who doesn't know anything about film making. It's really against freedom in scripting and storyboarding.

Yes. But it is thing made for wide market, Ordinary people won't bother with all you mentioned.

But whole idea combined with big database of 3d models, movements and locations can lead to good results.