Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Vintage Lenses
  • First: Is there a place we can talk about this old world? Cause if it's, we can close this topic and apologize to all.

Second: if it isn't, i would like to discuss with you about the "bargain" sometimes i read we can do with this lenses. This bargain, is it real? I'm starting to look for some video solutions for me: Nikon d5200 or Bmpcc (it depends how much you want to spend). But it's not an individual problem, cause with mft mount (gh2-gh3-g6-bmpcc) you can use every lens, pratically, while nikon has always its "F" mount, and that's special: you could invest in some lens while you have aps-c sensor, knowing you could use the same lens on full frame.

So, which lens do you suggest? Wide and fast solutions? Thanks to all.

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • @Renovatio

Thing is we have big topics on vintage 50mm lenses and also on 28mm (wide) and 35mm :-)

• You know, the focus's to be on Prime Lens, i suppose from something like 20mm to 35mm above all, also 50mm is fine (and there're a lot fast cheap lens here, but if you have to face the crop factor with smaller sensors, not the best you can get). So, no tele, i guess.

• also for video-use vintage lens

What do you mean here?

• @Flaaandeeers

Thanks a lot. I'm using the Search right now. Anyway it would be nice to have a topic only, also for video-use vintage lens.

• There are several posts about vintage lenses.
    You can start here:
    http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/1664/old-wide-angle-lenses-24mm-28mm-on-m43-/p1

But use the Search feature. There are LOTS of threads about this.