Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 - Keep Calm & Pumpkin On
  • This was a fun two hour shoot with two GH2's. Shot using Super Takumar lenses 20mm, 35mm, 50mm macro, 135mm, and the SLR Magic 12mm. I was able to scout the location the day before and had lots of ideas for the promo. It is often a challenge working with kids, but I quite enjoy it when things go right..ha ha. Even though I'm starting to butt up against the GH2's camera limitations I love it...and I've still gotta wait quite awhile before I get Amira : ) -Shot using Flowmotion 2.02, smooth, all -2, no filters, monopod, glidecam 4000.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • Looks really good. Anything done in post to combat rolling shutter?

• @Stylz thanks man. No, nothing done to combat shutter issues. Also, I kept the camera rolling at 1/50th for everything.

• @pchristoph This is a great looking video. One of the best uses of Flowmotion I've seen. I'm not familiar with the Super Takumar lenses - are these people older "vintage" lenses? Guess it's just a matter of getting an adapter for micro four thirds mount to use them with GH2? Great shots on this promo.

• thanks @matt_gh2 yeah, most vintage pentax takumars I use were made in the 60's/70's. I really like their look. Adapters have made it all possible with m43s. Maybe it's best that you haven't tried one :) as they are highly addictive once you get a feel in your hands for a solid metal build, zero breathing, and great color rendition and low contrast. Cheers