Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
How to Talk to Strangers
  • 8 Replies sorted by
  • Definitely interesting. That's a question I always ask (to others and myself) regarding the few pictures I occasionally take. Sometimes when I see a peculiar person, such as an eccentric old woman, or even someone with a weird appearance, which I'd like to photograph, I start asking myself "Why do I want to take this picture? Is it because the person is weird? Am I making fun of him/her in the deep of my soul?". Then I feel I need a strong and pondered motivation about WHY I do what I do. Being conscious and aware of the REASON why you are taking pictures (or shooting video) is the base to transmit your motivation to the subject you want to shoot.

• The title of this video is false one.

They should call that, how to talk to strangers to make business out of them ? that the right title of this ;).

• They should call that, how to talk to strangers to make business out of them ? that the right title of this ;).

Any point in this comment? As 98% of street photos are made not to make money.

• What about B&H advertising ? 98% of street photos are made not to make money, are you sure about it Vitaliy ?

• What about B&H advertising ?

I really do not care, focus on value.

98% of street photos are made not to make money, are you sure about it Vitaliy ?

I am not absolutely sure, may be 99%.

• So for you only 1/2% around the world make business ? actually is more than that, really more... Street photography mean a lot of scene (press/media and co)...

Also i'm not going to focus on a video that add advertising, i will never take it seriously... this is a blabla video that many already did before, so it is not new...

You want to talk/shoot stranger, think about humanity first... they are not stranger, they are human, call it a human a stranger, it is not a good start.

• @zilk

You are prohibited to post in this topic and you add zero value and just continue complains.

• Agreed. It seems like he is just around to provoke people. Kind of like every ones good buddy, JimmeyKorea! :)