Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
PARTIALLY RANDOM CORPSE - a collaborative video proposal
  • Hey PV's

With the increase of temperature and volition of cool drinks and relaxing landscapes summer is here and so is this new proposal for a collaborative video. It is just a game, meant to enjoy and have fun which doesn't take we can still try to assemble a beautiful frankenstein's wife :P

RULES

1. ANY Personal View member can submit one video. There will be no exclusions other than the ones failing to comply with rules

2. No limit to total submissions but all must be submitted within a 30 day period starting July the 25th at 20:00 GMT and ending August the 25th at 20:00 GMT to project email: pvexquisitecorpse@gmail.com

3. When submitting the video you must identify yourself with your PV username and leave a comment in this thread for record purposes

4. Each shot must be no more than 10 seconds

5. 1080p24 - 16:9

6. Black and white, no editing - MTS/mov/mp4 directly from camera

7. Shot must begin and end with black, accomplished in-camera (please revisit classics: i.e. Hitchcock)

8. Shot must include ONE CLEARLY VISIBLE peanut. The peanut should be shelled and double bumped

SUBMISSIONS

• as simple as sending the video or donwloadable link to project email: pvexquisitecorpse@gmail.com

• and writing in that email at least one word, the only truly indispensable one, your username here at PV
    so we can identify you, not the case if you already participated in previous corpse

then come here, to this thread, and leave record of your participation; say somethin to the comunity, to fellow participants, share, discuss, brag, exchange jokes... empower your experience

Dealers and organization will be co-run by @Alienhead and @maxr. Order of submission will correspond with video chronological alignment.

As with the first CORPSE resulting mess will be under Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 
CC BY-NC-ND creative commons license. All participants will receive a digital copy

Thanks Vitaliy Kiselev for being such XXXXX host ;-)

Now, let's ENJOY!!!

• 42 Replies sorted by
  • as I do not get to really use my camera

???

• OK, my suggestion (as I do not get to really use my camera):

You either: - take a movie of some part of the narration, a full sentence, for instance - or you take an in-between shot with the camera moving in a single direction for a small amounts of seconds (left, right, up or down) - alternatively, you take a shot of the second kind for only a single word of the narration

• @Alienhead sounds good to me buddy :-)
    Maybe not a bad idea to have someone (I'd love a feminine voice!!!) as only narrator that would read "script"/text/poem and then each person or group worked with/around their part of the narration... it doesn't invalidate any dialogs, monologs, etc. that could be going on

BTW "Vassily" ja ja ja that's a good one XD

• To pick up on what Vitaliy suggested, we could do something vaguely like a story. Those people who are more interested in narrative and those less interested could be involved, if it was based on a basic story that everyone knew. Just as an example, a fairy tale -- could assign parts, but it wouldn't have to be strict in how its interpreted. It might be a shot that is just suggestive of that part of the story, or it might be more literal. Someone like @spacewig could do something with a crew of bizarreness like he does, while someone else might be more abstract, but the idea would be to at least try to hew to the outlines or mood.

• hey there guys,
    thought of sharing these 2 PMs as they point out some of the process going on behind the curtains and also some of my inherent own contradictions

to @jazzroy

Hey Ric :D,
    in this corpse there's so many things that are far from perfect, but I'm happy.
    Alienhead, Ted, started to edit somethin' (intro is his) but then the pre-proj
    file he sent me had corrupted somehow. So I had put things together...
    Particularly in this corpses I like to see things as raw as possible, is part of
    the concept; this concept also advocates for taking responsibility and full
    control of your shot/s in-camera.

Now, amico mio, we're both southerners and despite all of this theories and
    lovely words (all true) we know that nothing would be easier than boost the
    sound a bit... then go for a birra.
    I know you worked on it and would like to see it as perfect as you imagined,
    but here I'll ask you to put yourself in my shoes, I also put a lot but a lot of
    energy and hours. Only 5 people, deal with it, understand why - I say to
    myself. I'm not touching, editing, changing, enhancing anything more this
    second corpse. It is as it is. • Sound is a bit low, yes!!!

Now, plans, debate, ideas, projects for next one

Thank you Riccardo and hope you would go on
    using peanuts against the enemy, sweet!!!

to @Alienhead

Thank you Ted :-) Yeah... it's kind of funny that the more WE get away from MY initial proposition the more cohesive it gets. Anyway we are doing the path, experiencing new things (workflows) and getting results, that's more important to me, that and work with and know other people. What's next ???

gashô

PS
    If you need to reach me urgently I'll be drinking beer with Riccardo

• we should seriously think about introducing cats :D

I am serious. Make some super simple story. So everyone could film it without good actors. Make parts our of it, make contest to make each part, so you will have 2-3 variants and make all additional sound work and music after editing.

• thanks! I realize my audio was very low, an equalization of the volumes could be useful. It seems that the forum is not so interested in this joint funny productions.. we should seriously think about introducing cats :D

• First and foremost, was a pleasure to work with you guys; Ted, Space, Kev, Ricc thank you all for fun and god job, Respect!
    Special thanks here to @Alienhead that despite my stochastic principles has not abandon ship, on the contrary he has been present and active, for real :D

Secondly BIG_THANKS to @Vitaliy_Kiselev , who probably doesn't know if to loose the hungry pigs so they can feast in our skinny asses or talk to her friend at he asylum for the possibility of building a loony extra room in the forum :P

{...} So many members seem to spend their days posting long-winded soliloquies about the technical issue obstructing their march towards actualizing their latent cinematic genius {...}

@spacewig jajaja you're funny!!! This phrase alone has make my day. My free advise (it's stupid but I like to say it like that: "free advise") do it for yourself man, be proud of your babies been these diamonds or farts, eat pumpking seeds for prostate ;-)

Like contest on best filmed cat thrown in the bush :-)

@Vitaliy_Kiselev jajaja that's genious!!! ja aja ja, where do you go to get inspired? Is it patented? Chiiiirs man

The premiere file @Alienhead sent has some... sand, otherwise normal coming such a long distance as Abu Dhabi ;-) So I'll just juxtapose clips and reupload

TWO THINGS TO CLEAR:
    • Rules are there as guidelines; if someone like Space goes into such amount of effort and hard work to make a fucking 10 sec clip with peanuts instead of 1 single peanut, obviously the override command kicks off . FYI almost evreybody broke the rules, but in such a nice way XD

• If I don't go into fancy graphics, grading and sound blasting is because
    A. this is JUST a game; don't forget that; and
    B. personally, I like the possibility to offer viewers the "raw" material without rice powder, warping, sharping, etc. I wish that this is not interpreted as lack of care, quite opposite, lazyness or lack of knowhow, all raich?!!!

Gone reload guns...

• @maxr will upload the updated version!

• by the way, nice corpse! I really love it, especially the first clip. Last one has best sound :D

• I sent the clip.. so we will have an extended version.. :D

• If you want to @jazzroy go for it. I felt like we needed to post what we received at the appointed time though, especially since I finally suceeded after waiting it out three hours to upload all 53 MB.

• Saw the topic now for the first time :(

Probably it was never on the first page..

Anyway, one day extra for one extra submission? :)

• May be we need some contest that interest many people. Like contest on best filmed cat thrown in the bush :-)

Hahaha

• Well said @spacewig. And again you've made an impressive contribution! But whether impressive or not, anyone who just submits something and making an attempt -- even when the stakes are as low as this -- shows that he (or she theoretically -- do we have any of those?) is someone is willing to take a risk and be judged. And maybe that's what holds some people back.

Well I've put the four clips together and I'm uploading the second reanimated exquisite corpse. It may take a bit of time, if it succeeds at all, because I'm in a hotel room with horrible internet service -- if so perhaps I can just send @Maxr the Premiere Project file, or he will put it together so we don't have to wait until Monday. I repeated the four brilliant contributions avec cacahuète in the video so we could delight in the hidden meanings a second time.

• I guess I'm just not ready to fully appreciate the resplendent joys of filming bushes, pets, kids or outside my window.

May be we need some contest that interest many people. Like contest on best filmed cat thrown in the bush :-)

• I can't get over how few people have participated in this project. So many members seem to spend their days posting long-winded soliloquies about the technical issues obstructing their march towards actualizing their latent cinematic genius you'd think they'd jump all over the opportunity to make a creative contribution whenever the occasion presents itself. I guess I'm just not ready to fully appreciate the resplendent joys of filming bushes, pets, kids or outside my window.

• +1 submission, mine :D

clue word: PV

• @buildbyflying welcome brother, once you're in just get confortable and enjoy. Thank you :D
    Gonna repeat those nice words of you a little louder, only 6 hours to go,

Procrastinators unite! The last moments belong to us!!!

yyiiiiiiiihhhhhhaaaaaAAAAAAA!!!!!

• Just sent my 10 seconds. Tried some different shots but they all needed an edit of some form (too long, too wobbly, too bright, no black at the end, etc) I went with something simple in the end. Procrastinators unite! The last moments belong to us.

• He-HEY Alienhead!!! I confirm your submission, thank you!
    I haven't peep in case I participate too. I wonder... je je je

To all the other intrepid fellow forunners with machine guns, I mean cameras,
    C'WON GUYS, CHANGING RUTINES FOR ONCE CAN BE FUN!!!

• I have submitted my 1080p Black and White in camera only shot beginning and ending in black and including one shelled peanut.!

We have just over a week for anyone else to do the same before this 2nd exquisite corpse is animated. My one word clue is PARANOID.

• Today I got a peanut... I steal it, casually... I had to, he was so desperate for sun, there was no other way,
    he needed an adventure, I asked no questions :P
    @Alienhead and @spacewig in my case is even worse 'cause I'd truly love to participate but already saw space's shot, once again really nice, man!!! So, me and the peanut are going to... have a talk, thank you guys for being there

gashô