Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Trouble copying SD Card to Computer, but can play the file directly from the SD Card no problem.
  • I used GH2 Driftwood hack Cluster X Drewnet 12-15 Classic GOP. I was using a class 10 64 gb card. I only used one file for like 20 minutes. It stopped recording and said I have exceeded the files able to record or something. So in a quick panic I switched to a 32gb sd card that was not class 10. It recorded fine for the few minutes I needed to finish the interview with my subject. But then it said, "cannot write to card due to writing speed of card." (I'm paraphrasing). Anyway the record button kept flashing and no matter what I did it wouldn't stop writing to the card. I waited a few minutes and nothing changed so I pulled the battery out. I went to my PC Windows 7 computer and inserted the card. It plays back just fine but it won't let me pause or rewind. I saw the video it looks great, but my computer will not allow me to copy it to my computer. The error message I get says, "An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If you continue to receive this error, use the error code to search for help with this problem" Error Code: 0x80070570: The file directory is corrupted and unreadable" I tried to see if I could put the file in Adobe Premiere CC. The reason is I was going to try to export it as a new video but the import process alone caused the whole computer to freeze. It's a desktop and very fast.

Any ideas of how to get my file off of the sd card? I'm scared to remove the sd card from the reader attached to my computer. (WRITTEN ON TUES. JULY 9, 2013 at 4:37pm Eastern Standard Time, U.S.)

• 2 Replies sorted by
  • Search for 'recover card' and you'll find several existing topics.

• First thing always remember to record a small file after a recording on a 64GB card BEFORE switching off to stop the 'exceeded the files' problem.

Try another card reader or plug a usb cable from the camera to the computer and attempt copying if the recovery options fail.