Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Wedding Videography
  • 299 Replies sorted by
  • @lmackreath you're kidding right?!!!
    Some very very nice shots and sequences there mate; framing, grade and most of all (what I felt) a sense of strong commitment and conscious sensibility in/to the "job/work"... if that's not pro and worth paying, I really don't know what could be =)
    You manage to extract from the panaleica probably the best images I've seen... made me almost regret not buying it :P

• Using G6 with GH3s for the first time. They cut extremely well together. Loved using the little camera and people didn't even know I was there.

• Thanks for the recommendation Vitaliy.

• And I'll put the highlight reel up for streaming to share with family and friends. Aside from this though, what are your guys thoughts on getting this stuff to your clients, if and when optical media is extinct? I've thought of putting it on flash drives, but that presents 2 problems in my mind... first is that its easier for them to copy and re-distrubute on the web, which would break my music license agreements (though they could do this with DVD too... but most won't put in the effort) and second, the DVD/DVD menu brings a more packaged feel to what they're getting.

In fact all you now need is some good tool to make menu that will launch video player with specific video file. You need supply them flash drive with portable player, MKV container video files and autorun menu. All modern TVs allow to insert flash and play MKV files, so it'll work not on computers only.

But wedding market (especially in developed countries) is very conservative. The less developed country is, the more flash is used :-)

• Any thought's on distribution? I'm trying to think towards the future here as we've all seen the signs of DVD's and Blurays going the way of the dodo bird (DVD Studio Pro being axed by Apple, Encore no longer being updated by Adobe). My typical package will be a DVD or Bluray with the highlight reel (up to 15 minutes), ceremony, speeches, and any other special events, all put on different menu buttons. And I'll put the highlight reel up for streaming to share with family and friends. Aside from this though, what are your guys thoughts on getting this stuff to your clients, if and when optical media is extinct? I've thought of putting it on flash drives, but that presents 2 problems in my mind... first is that its easier for them to copy and re-distrubute on the web, which would break my music license agreements (though they could do this with DVD too... but most won't put in the effort) and second, the DVD/DVD menu brings a more packaged feel to what they're getting.

• Combination of Olympus OMD EM5 (daylight, preparation, outdoor location and reception) and Lumix GH2 (Driftwood Cluster 6 "forever for events!")

• @lmackreath not bad at all! I know that the bridal couple and their family will probably watch the almost half an hour but for all other people (which means imho for your promotion too) tear it down to 5mins at the utmost, better 3mins. Kill your darlings!

• @Daniel_R @oscillian Thanks for your comments!

I used the Pansonic Leica 25mm 1.4 for 99% of the shots. The lens is not stabilised so had a £20 monopod to support me throughout the day. I also used the lumix 14-42 for some of the wide extrerior shots and an Ipone 5 for the timelapse stuff.

Colour wise I did basic corrects in fcp x. I then added a bit of blue to my shadows and a big of yellow\orange to the highlights. I also lifted the shadows by about 5% in all shots

• Hi All, first post, loving the thread as I'm looking to do my first wedding.

Any samples out there of how folks are using 60p on the GH3 in their wedding work? Any considerations for workflow, necessary conforms, etc?

• @lmackreath I like your editing style. I skimmed through it, but it summed the day up very nicely from what I saw.

I'm also very curious what you shoot with, and how you get your colours looking so pleasing to the eye.

• @tylerknight

Nope, sorry. Authors are below video title.

• @mikelinn

Are those your films? If so, how much did you pay U2 to use their song in a wedding video just curious?

• @lmackreath Good work! You could charge for that kind of quality. Just work on stabilizing your shots and be more nimble, anticipating what people will do. What lenses and supports did you use?

• So I shot this for friends for nothing a couple of months ago...I am interested in maybe taking this up as a paid job...Do people think I could charge for this level of production\quality\filming or do I need to do a lot more work before I can start charging?

• I have 2 of the s6 benro tripods and 1 s4 monopod - delighted with all of them

• @tylerknight I agree with @Sph1nxster, when you get the time just do a 3 minute highlight reel for a client you like. Not only will they appreciate it, but it will be a far far far more powerful marketing tool for future clients than anything else you've done already.

• I have the one with the S4 head A48FS4 model. I got it on Amazon for just a shade over $200 shipped. I must have gotten a deal. Great monopods I highly recommend them. Both the Benro and the Manfrotto need some adjustment in the tension screws on the bottom and some silicon lube to make them sqeek free and smooth at the base.

I shot a wedding last year where I wished I had a monopod because I was forced to be mobile on a longer lens due to location restrictions.