Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
The Swiss Knife Camera
  • 34 Replies sorted by
  • I would suggest changing the topic title to something like "Personal-View Member's Camera" it might generate a bit more interest.

• @anthonybert

Things that I told have nothing to do with MBA, but they are related to question on how serious your proposal is.

I suggest to change first post to make it contain all data about yourself, contact information, that exact qualification you need (and it is quite strange to search for camera engineers on forums) and all details properly sorted.

Is it your business - http://www.textanywhere.net/ ?

• I wish you luck but I think anybody entering the camera business is out of their mind now.. it's a crowded market and the margins are probably razor thin. Most of the pros already are loyal to a brand, and the pricing is being undercut all the time as well. The only suggestion I can say is maybe go after film cameras.. I would love to have a digital mag for my aaton LTR for instance

• All,

After taking all your advice and feedback on board, I realise that it was probably a mistake to look for engineers on the forum.

I do not wish to waste people's time and will explore a different avenue to reach my goal.

Thanks for all your feed back. I will now close that thread.

Thank you

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev I do not seem to find the close topic button. Do you mind closing it for me.

Thank you.

• ...whoa...that was fast ! I do like robertGL's idea, except make it a s8 cartridge....with mechanical shutter already in those s8 beaulieus.

but really...being in the eng field for 15 years, the complexity surely outweighs any proposed benefits. Anyone watching Red knows that you need more than a few dudes in a garage. It ain't Apple in '76. And while I wouldn't want to discourage any garage genius, I'd recommend you made a few billion in the sunglasses business first.

• In the early days of motion pictures, everyone built their own cameras. There's a story of how Cecil B DeMille went out to shoot some test footage and it all came out like a streaking blur. What happened was, they also had to punch their own sprocket holes on the film, but his measurements were way off!

Nothing wrong with building your own digital cinema camera, but nowadays you need at least a 3D vaporware picture of the proposed camera to be taken seriously. To start the drooling. The Love Guru says "shame on you all! You might have whacked the next Jim Jannard" :)

• Cameras exist in a time loop. By the time this camera would be developed, bugs worked out, etc, etc, it would be obsolete. There would be something better and faster. And even if we could use it for a month or so, would it be worth the work? Anyone who wants to make a product should just do it. And BTW, @anthonybert, there are plenty of technically talented people here. You didn't make a mistake in looking for them here. They simply may not share your vision which is just the way things are sometimes. No biggie. They just think if you can't even put together a cardboard prototype--like the Olly pen mockup--or a 3D rendering that a camera might even be harder to build.

• @anthonybert

Rather then closing I suggest to structure your thought and present them in systematic form.
    Show people expected market size for the product.
    As in fact you are searching investors, people who will invest their skills and time into something.