Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Unattended Camera Insurance
  • Hi guys,

When I make my trip to Sweden I want to insure my GH2 a few lenses, tripod and a GoPro 3, the total value will be close to £1500 and the quotes for a month are £4.05 assuming I don't make a claim, very reasonable however I'm struggling to find an insurance company to cover totally unattended insurance while I'm camping out in a tent and I can understand why, I don't mind paying up to £30 for the month to insure my gear for just 10 days

My question is, does anyone know of any insurance company that will provide this kind of cover, I can understand why they wouldn't but there is no way I am going to be able to spend 10 days literally strapped to all my camera gear.

Thanks for any help, Max.

• 1 Reply sorted by
  • Not really insurance, I'm afraid - but in a similar protect-your-gear-from-loss vein, BluCop is $USD8.99 software for your phone which will warn you whenever some object you've tagged (eg a camera with a cheap, mini bluetooth headset attached) goes out of range.

Of use to, say, wedding videographers who've got lots of gear all over the place at a shoot and get worried that it might get stolen - or, if more likely if you're anything like me, left behind! :-(

Seeing this solution has been around for a while now, there must be some similar smartphone apps by now as well.