Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Horror Short (2mins)
  • Hi there. Recently completed a 2minute short shot on a Panasonic GH2. If you're interested, you can see it here:

[La Morte e Bella]

• 9 Replies sorted by
  • Stylishly attired women looking like they've just walked out of a hair salon don't inspire fear. At all.

• At least the hair/make-up girl will be happy!

• the ending was dissapointing

• That implies the rest of it wasn't, so I'll take that as a positive too ;)

• @norliss

True :)

I just think when the genre you're aiming for is horror that at some point you'd want to evoke a feeling of terror and maybe even revulsion in your audience. But who knows, perhaps some woman out there would be horrified by her choice of wardrobe/makeup...

• It's meant to be a warm but tongue-in-cheek homage to the 1970s giallo films from Italy so I probably shouldn't have described it as "horror". I wasn't trying to make something scary and wouldn't expect anyone to find it so.

• very cool

• getting cut throat around here!

• @norliss - After reading your description of what you were attempting to do, I don't think it's so bad. I think the editing could have been more crisp to get a little more squirm from the viewer, but you did a nice job recreating the "look" of those films.