Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Meetup: New York Personal View Members meeting
  • Hello everyone

OLD DATA for Now

We are meeting at the famous / popular Union Square steps across the street from whole foods, getting acquainted, playing with our cameras etc. Then we are moving into whole foods which has seats and tables upstairs and a very nice variety of eats.

Post Meeting:
    The meeting went very well, it was great! Nice to meet you guys and hope our group can grow for the next one which at the moment I am open to suggestions about. I would say sometime in late August? Sept?

Video : Due to popular demand here is an edit of the meeting. Sorry it took so long to put something together i have been over worked these last couple weeks. I still plan to do a post on OSGFilms (http://osgfilms.com/personal-view-meeting-new-york-0613/) and add pictures, actually write a proper article / post but i am behind on some projects. Just know we had a great time, more details soon.Thank you for your patience!

• 62 Replies sorted by
  • I could do a weekday in December. My December weekends are looking pretty full, except for this coming one.

But don't let that hold you back. If there are enough people who want to get together on a December date, go for it and maybe we can have a meeting in January as well.

• @maxr Thank You, I'm glad you liked the video. Nice to meet you, Are you going to try your best to make the next meeting?

I want to add that I think @Vitaliy_Kiselev is correct. Over a month from now may be too much, personally... it makes me put it so far on the back burner (mentally) that before i know it i plan for things like work / shoots etc for January without really thinking about the meeting. If we could meet before the 25(Christmas) we would enjoy the holiday PV style and still have plenty of days before Christmas & family etc.

I think its absolutely possible. @Alienhead can you make a day before the 25th work? I think aiming for V's December suggestion is good.

• I'm not wedded to the Jan 4 date, but I think people will probably not have as many conflicts early to mid January. I do think when we get 4 or more to agree we'll need to just stick to it.

@maxr just try to imagine me some other way than I appear in that vimeo screengrab!

• @OSGondar @Alienhead @HimaB … nice to have live faces for the nicknames ;-)
    “I shoot people” jajaja and do they die? Cheers guys and good meeting

• @OSGondar @Alienhead

One thing about meetups is not to make it one month from time of talks and not shift the date.

In fact all you do is reducing participating people count significantly.

• Hey @OSGondar! If we can get say 5 people to go on a specified date (Jan 4) then we should probably stick to that date, since last time it kept moving around and got delayed. That way there could be another meeting if needed/wanted to include people who couldn't make the first date.

I like how we showed each other some of our gear, that was interesting. If we had been able to hear each other a little bit better then we could've had introductions where each person talked about what they were working on and their production methods and workflows and could've had a more group conversation instead of lots of individual ones. If someone has an apartment they wouldn't mind people meeting in, that might be ideal.

• Having met @Alienhead when i organized the last event i would say i am trust him to this. However, i too would not mind doing the organizing if no one else steps up / something comes up. Ditto on proposed Jan 4. 2014. woa. 2014 !!

• I'm willing to be the organizer of the NYC Winter meeting. Unless someone else is really dying to be the organizer instead! Anyone who might attend such a meeting should therefore follow this topic.

I propose we'd meet in January to minimize conflicts and busy holiday whatnots. The date I'll put out there is Saturday, January 4th.

• so far so good! digging the .mov file structure and the 1080p60 conform to 24p for slow mo. not digging the monitor info going away after a bit.

• @badhussar are you liking that GH3?

• Here is a ruff edit of the meeting. Small group but it was fun and we shared many ideas.

• dude, i moved to LA! and I'm on the GH3 now.

• i just remember you told me to make private pm to attending members so i stopped posting here and we talked in inbox.

I mean to PM them as not all are tracking topic :-) And all will get email from PM.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev sorry ok im about to update the info, i just remember you told me to make private pm to attending members so i stopped posting here and we talked in inbox.

• @OSGondar

It seems like you changed post.
    It is public forum and public event, so not only I want all details in most acessible form.
    Check PM.

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev
    Yes =) !
    Would you like the details?

• @OSGondar

Does it resulted in something definitive? I mean data, tima and place.

• I'm in for Saturday midday but leaving for several weeks on Sunday. I'll check tomorrow a.m. and if I miss you all, let's try to exchange contact info and be in touch. Happy to have folks to my Brooklyn backyard for beers in August.

• Nic / Dancing Camera
  • I think sunday is better too, i am free for the afternoon, Who else can make it?

• Sunday would be better actually, but I don't want to dilute our sudden momentum...

• @all Hey guys so please sound off! I vote Sunday at Union Square steps
    @alienhead has to leave by 4 so i say we meet as early as 2pm

Who else is coming?

• I'd have to leave by 4pm but I think i could make it. Presumably to Union Square, not even that got nailed down. We could meet in the eating area of whole foods since it's air conditioned?

• Hey All,

If this is tomorrow, 7/6, then I can make it for a bit. Anyone still in?

• I can make the NYC meeting the first wkend of July 7/6 or 7/7. I'd really like to meet other GH2 users (esp Mac based ones) before July 10 when I head out to India.

• Also, it's pretty confusing which dates are working for people. If the lead organizer wants to set up a survey on Doodle (http://www.doodle.com/main.html ) no one needs to register to weigh in on what days work for them. The organizer just needs to propose several days/times and post the URL so that anyone who wants to attend just lists which days they can make it. It's super simple.