Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
What the GF2 does best, fun pocket video and stills.
  • GF2, Panny 14-45mm kit, 720p30 1/60. Stills and video shot handheld on the run with my 3 yo Grandson, quick edit, a few out of focus shots, life's too short to sit in front of a PC.

• 5 Replies sorted by
  • Reminder to self, always take the 20mm pancake on unplanned excursions.... Never know when the extra stops might come in handy :-)

• This put a smile on my face - thanks Rambo. You're blessed to have such a cute grandson, and a GF2/20mm to capture his first years. I feel the same way about my GF1/20mm - never leave home without it, for the same reason.

• Thanks, yes he's my very special friend also, love him. The video was actually shot with the Panny 14-45 ( first kit lens) gets me into trouble though when the light goes down, hence the reference to remember take the 20mm or the 14 mm pancake, I have both and the Panny wide adapter. I keep choosing the zoom because it has IOS, gotta change my bad habits.

• I shoot a lot of kids and the 14mm pancake with the wide adapter is a godsend. I shoot IV2 at ISO 1250, stop the Lumix down to f4, and no matter how hard I have to run to chase the little buggers down, everyone's in focus and the camera looks like it's gliding along on a wire.

• Yep that's the way to go on the GH1/2, unfortunately we don't have an AF/AE lock button on the GF2, which is my favourite button eva on the Panny cameras. Finger out VK, still hoping for a solution :-)