Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Hacks/Patches for GH2 Sankor 16 2X Anamorphic Lens ?
  • Hello Everyone, I have purchase everything I need to shoot some anamorphic shorts.. I have read most of the day trying to find the final outcome if we can use VGA(4:3) mode for 1920 x 720 resolution so we get a 2.66:1 or what is the best options..or the exact location of the patch I need.

Here is the patch I am looking for

O yea by the way here is my winning StarWars/Pringles ad 3rd down on page.. shot with GH2 and Flow motion V2 patch 1080p 24p nostalgic -2-2-2-2 Lumix 14mm 2.5 Samyang 35mm 1.5 Konova slider. http://www.usatoday.com/story/popcandy/2013/05/08/pringles-star-wars/2143867/

Thanks in advance for your help.

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • @FIRUFILMS

Just forget about this, look for normal stuff.

• Hello anyone can send me this EOSHD's Unified Patch (88 Mbit variable bitrate) zip file to my mail? I goo to the official patch page but the download links is wrong THANKS! firudelpup@gmail.com

• Thanks for you input...This is what I was looking for.. I will try to make some time and edit together testing all setting with MjPEG and AVCHD..

• Go here: http://www.eoshd.com/gh2-patch-vault and download the 'EOSHD Unified Patch' and only load the MJPEG settings for 70Mbit 1920x720 MJPEG. It works, but I set my own dimensions for MJPEG. HD/720p mode I change to 2048x1152 and then for VGA/480 mode it's 2160x920 (2.35 Cinemascope, I prefer this over 2.66 for some reason). There are a few issues with MJPEG; it's stuck at 30fps, the quality isn't as good as AVCHD, shows more noise, and it all combines to give it a much more 'videoy' look.

This is the first video (other than some tests) I shot with my Sankor 2x Anamorphic. Not the best event to try, but I liked the challenge.Focus is off a few spots as was alignment of the lens, but by now I've gotten pretty used to it. Just haven't had a project that really called for it since. This was using the unmodified EOSHD anamorphic settings. There's also a couple weird spots where the Warp Stabilizer went crazy...First and last time using that..