Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
Story of lazy motherfuckers
  • We all know that all the troubles come from lazy motherfuckers. And biggest amount of such are in Greece and Spain, of course, as media are telling you.

Let's look at http://stats.oecd.org/Index.aspx?DataSetCode=ANHRS

Average annual hours per worker in 2011:

• Greece - 2032
    • Spain - 1690
    • UK - 1625
    • Germany - 1413
    • France - 1476
  • 12 Replies sorted by
  • This begs the following question: How is the performance of work in different countries? What about the fact that someone is "working" many, many times when he did not do anything? In Poland during Soviet times was a saying: Do you stand or a lie you have to get from your employer 2000 zł ...

• This begs the following question: How is the performance of work in different countries?

Post was not about performance, post was about lazy people myths spreaded by mass media.

From my expirience dealing with some companies from France and Germany - performance is terrible.

As for Poland, here is unemployement rate from 1990:

• i don't know much about these things but this is about the workforce "Data supplied by the Czech Statistical Office and based on weekly actual hours worked reported in the quarterly Labour Force Sample Survey". It doesn't state how many people were actually working. There is also a difference in when people retire.

Here many women work part-time, and so drag down there number of hours worked per worker. If in a country there is a more old fashioned way of life where men work and women do houshold (that's also work off course), then numbers look very different.

But clearly, the ones working in greece work a lot!

• "Post was not about performance, post was about lazy people myths spreaded by mass media" The fact that you spend your time at work does not mean that you are working. I mean, you're still a lazy motherfucker. I know this from my own experience when I worked at the State Theatre in Warsaw as a sound engineer.

• The fact that you spend your time at work does not mean that you are working. I mean, you're still a lazy motherfucker. I know this from my own experience when I worked at the State Theatre in Warsaw as a sound engineer.

I got your idea. I just think it is wrong one. It is really impossible to force everyone "work" each minute and impossible to evaluate where some rest, thoughts and preparations are necessary.

• " It is really impossible to force everyone "work" each minute and impossible to evaluate where some rest, thoughts and preparations are necessary. "

This is what should be written on the gate of any workplace, plant, and on the desk of every boss.

• The concept of “work” needs to factor in variables such as relative productivity and value. If I work only 10 hours per week, but the value of that work is high and worth $350 per hour in the market, then from the perspective of my utility, I needn’t work more to necessarily enjoy a decent quality of life. By established definition, I would be lazy even though I’m earning a healthy wage that satisfies my lifestyle requirements. Likewise, if the relative value of my work is only worth $10 per hour, then I need to work more and/or be subsidized to achieve a better lifestyle. The bigger question is whether the so-called “lazy MF’s” should be subsidized if the relative value proposition they each bring to the market isn’t worth spit. Who’s responsibility is it to create wealth and good incomes in the marketplace of opportunity while incentivizing work? Generally, I’ve always agreed with a certain former Congressman whose primary axiom was, “The market is rationale and the government is dumb.”

• @Firstbase Shouldn't it be rational, not rationale? A U.S. congressmen quoting a party line is not persuasive. The workers in my local Social Security office are more competent and responsive than anything I have encountered in the private sector. It's not whether they work for the government or not. Quality is a management decision, whether the management is public or private. Vitally's point is right on. The problem is not lazy workers. It is bad policy, poorly executed. For reasons difficult to know, Germany leads all of Europe economically and, excluding the Nazi era, has for the last 200 years. They have invested in education and advanced training in crafts and trades, and they make it possible for a skilled worker to enjoy a high standard of living. This is wise social and public policy at work.

• Returning to productivity

• ...quit your boring job. Stop supporting a dying system. Be free and screw productivity !

...that's if you want to live a fulfilling and creative life. Of course, the system is designed to keep you addicted to it's drugs. And cameras and computers and all the other tech is right up their with their cocaine and their porsche's.

Then they use your useless productivity as an excuse to murder millions in their fake wars designed to test their new WMD's, of which the computer and the imaging technology are only spinoffs for the underclass, creating a real slave class in the process, ripping country after country to shreds....while they track your whereabouts using your new cellphone ...and record it's calls and your emails in their massive databases.

At the base of it all, is peoples braindead participation in the productivity scam based on cheap slave labor .

....but don't forget to get in the walmart line for the newest foxconn iphones where only 16 slaves jumped from their factories 6th floor windows ...so it could be released on time !

...thoughts from a reticent technologist traveling on the learning curve of life...and a former designer of WMD's !

• @Vitaliy_Kiselev, source of the graphic from 'Returning to productivity'. And that graphic its global numbers or of some country specifically?

• Hewlett Packard and Apple pushed Foxconn to replace human workers with robots... if they get robot consumers to buy iphones, they won't need us at all!

Why Foxconn's Switch to Robots Hasn't Been Automatic

With the wages of workers rising, the huge manufacturer has pursued increased automation, but the effort has not gone smoothly

Some of Foxconn's clients have encouraged it to pursue automation.

The automation rate of production lines that make ink cartridges for Hewlett-Packard Co. printers is the highest at Foxconn's Longhua factory. This production line was designed and manufactured by HP and has been used by Foxconn since April 2011.

Only five to 10 workers are needed on each line, about one-tenth of the previous number, Foxconn documents shows. This workshop can produce 30 percent of HP's ink cartridge production for Asia.

Apple has also urged Foxconn to buy automation equipment, such as machines made by Fanuc Corp., a Japanese company that is one of the world's largest industrial robot and factory automation firms, a department head at Foxconn said.

http://english.caixin.com/2013-05-14/100527915.html