Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH3 footage + Premiere CS6 + Resove 9 = In/Out Points messup; Timecode?
  • Sorry if this question has been proposed before.

I shot some footage at 50fps on my GH3. After ocking a movie on Premiere (at 25fps) I moved it to Resolve 9 Lite via an XML file. For some unknown reason some clips (only some of them) show different in/out points than the Premiere version. All clips were shot in a 30 min time window. I suspect that it might be because of the Timecode settings of the original clips, inherited from GH3 settings (maybe cause it shifted from 3:xx:xx to 4:xx:xx during shooting?).

What have I done wrong? If it's related to Timecode settings: How should I set my camera to prevent this from happening? How can I fix it in post (either Premiere or Resolve)?

Thanks for answering!

P.

• 3 Replies sorted by
  • Did you transcode out of MTS when you edited in Premiere? I think Resolve support for native media out of the GH cameras is buggy at best.

• Thank you Oedipax for your answer.

The camera produces .mov files (50mbps) that can be read right away by Premiere and therefore Resolve. I believe .mts are produced by All-Intra (72mbps), that I don't use.

Since I and 100% self taught, and learning (trying to) every day, let me ask you: how do you transcode a file in Pemiere? (is it on Footage Settings?)

P.

• By the way, I posted the same question on the Blackmagic forums (fora?). Someone (brilliantly) suggested that I should re-import my xml to Premiere and into a fresh new file. I did, and got the same in&out points messed up! So I guess this has nothing to do with Resolve.

Any clue if this has to do with GH3 Timecode setup? How do you guys set up your camera?

Thanks.