Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
GH2 fell into the sea
  • My GH2 fell into the sea with RC helicopter. Is there a chance to save my last video file? It was recording, but it says 0KB.

Do you thing my 14-42 power zoom lens can be saved?

• 4 Replies sorted by
  • I had GH2 fell into the fountain, dried it up, still working after 3 years, hope yours will work, best thing is to dissasemble cover parts, so you can dry it asap.. Good luck!

• My GH2 fell into the sea with RC helicopter. Is there a chance to save my last video file?

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/1538/recovering-files-from-formatted-card#Item_15

• i would think because it dropped in the sea it just fritzed and didnt go through the normal save and shutdown process that it does when power is switched off. file shows ok but what does the memory card say? does it show more data stored than shown?

• open it up and seperate out as many of the components as possible. The salt will corrode things very quickly if not cleaned off with a soft toothbrush and some component cleaning solution. The battery will be gone but that is an easy fix.

The quicker this is done the more chance you will have of survival.