Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
NTSC/PAL
  • Hi!

I do understand why PAL and NTSC exists, but what I do not understand why there are so many limitations with cameras. Perhaps you can enlighten me?
    1) The Sony F3, a $16K camera, can't switch PAL/NTSC. What's so hard about it that they have two models? Marketing reasons?
    2) Often you can't use the same memory card; if you record PAL you need to reformat to record NTSC.

What I don't understand... framerate is just something digital, so why can't we set framerate incrementally by frame? Is it more hard for a manufacturer to deliver 22 fps than say 24p? Ofcourse I do understand that you have a max framerate because of the chip / recording format.
    If the reason is they want to keep within official specifications, then why official specifications only have a few framerate options?

Thanks!