Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
4k RAW 30/60fps Nikon 1 V1 $200
  • 38 Replies sorted by
  • I just bought a V2 - pretty neat camera, but Nikon has it locked down bigtime.
    The 1080p is pretty nice, but it has auto exposure.. 3rd party lenses lose lots of basic functions (although it does allow burst mode) The handicapping by Nikon is frustrating, to say the least

• @macatit In premiere pro you just import the files as "image sequence" and choose your framerate for that sequence...looks like there is there an option like that on fcp x?

• feel free to send me a personal message, it would be greatly appreciated!

• Alright so I'm fairly late to this nikon v1 4k party but I have no problem shooting the stills in burst mode on the camera but I'm at a loss after that. I have converted my files from .nef to .dng and now i am at a stand still. What is the best way to get from the raw images to a useable video? I use fcp x. Please help me, I am new to the game!

• thats what I thought but I have heard rumor of a way to trick the camera, someone out there has a video of the burst 4K's with an anamorphic lens attached. thanks @cantsin

• @gambaphoto Doesn't work with the V1. The camera only supports burst mode with system/AF lenses. The V2, however, has no such restrictions.

• can anyone tell me how on the V1 your getting burst mode with Ai lenses? I see here your doing it but looking for the trick. thank you for your help

• Is this also possible with the new Nikon AW 1?

• @azazel ISO 6400 see you "Hi 1" in the V1 settings APX 100 see you here: http://www.7mm.de/v1/apx100/ have fun with it

• @Mimirsan Thanks a lot!

• @azazel V1 doesnt do 6400 iso...it could be hi 1 hes using.

Heres some filmlike pic styles..I use "reala" a lot. No APX though

http://www.neebu.net/~khuon/photography/NIKON/CUSTOMPC/

• @Butt How do you get ISO 6400? And where I can find APX100 picture style, I google it but no luck? Thanks!

• any chance of somebody 'bufferizing' a V1 to shoot longer burst modes? and buff where can i get info on getting 3rd party lenses + burst mode? tanks

• Mimirsan: "Staring you"? because I have rendered it so;) - my only interest is to make the camera attention - nothing else

yet an ISO 6400

• Important thing here is that it showed one of the ways to make cheap raw camera. Just add cheap ram and make proper power management. Making 8-16 times the buffer is quite cheap still.

• No offence to Butt but unsure why his videos have low frame rates?

Heres one I did.

And heres some of my faves

Love the V1. Love it. Very underrated camera except by those who own one. The price for them are just a bargain. The 4k raw burst is a nice gimmick.I plan to shoot a narrative at somepoint using the second and a half bursts. I reckon its possible to do a short film with 1 second bursts...we shall see...

@robertGL The V2 allows manual lenses and manual controls on burst mode. You can trick the V1 to use manual lenses.

Speaking of lenses. The 1 lens range are superb! I got a FT-1 Adapter cheap also and AF is fast and accurate with my Nikon AFS 35mm f1.8. New firmware update allows C-AF which works beautifully.

Additional info. It takes around 24seconds to wait for the buffer to be able to shoot another 30 RAW frame burst on my sandisk cards. If I shoot in 4k jpeg I can do 30 frame bursts and able to do another afterwards without having to wait.

• I was tempted to buy one but I've purchased a 50D instead.. the fact that you can't burst without their stock lenses is a bummer.. have you tried to splice montages with twixtor?

• Taken with the Nikon 1 V1 18.5 mm f1.8 Lens - ISO 6400 - new Picture Style APX 100

• I always keep my old rubber sun visors -;) the old HR-2 acts as a matte box;)

• workflow see you: http://www.eoshd.com/content/9806/nikon-v1-shooting-4k-60fps-raw-for-200

and a new Picture Style Test with the Nikon 1 V1- the Aptina sensor is awesome for film, Lens: Nikon Nikkor AI 55mm f1.2

• Butt, thank you, what is you typical workflow working with 4k files from Nikon V1?