Personal View site logo
Make sure to join PV on Telegram or Facebook! Perfect to keep up with community on your smartphone.
Please, support PV!
It allows to keep PV going, with more focus towards AI, but keeping be one of the few truly independent places.
4K Black Magic Production Camera, raw, $2495 now
  • 330 Replies sorted by
  • And that is why I bailed on it when the MFT BMCC was announced for $1995.

• @flash

I see no sign of it on the horizon.

• Who know when this baby will be availabble ? Some shop talk almost 5 months of waiting ...

• it seems 11 stops was a mistake bmd now state it is still 12.

• If I remember well a lot of people that where speculating on the sensor in the 4k blackmagic camera where saying the spec was 10 stop of DR in normal mode and up to 15 stop in HDR dual exposure mode. I think we are getting closer to the 10 stop.

• Well this 11 stops bit certainly is swaying me back on the see saw again....I'm a stones throw from switching my pre-order/pre-purchase to a passive mount MFT version of BMCC... but my gut (aka my empty wallet) tells me- Just get the pocket you ordered for now and wait for the inevitable active MFT because then you'll at least have a b-cam for tight spots and the ultimate jello cam for the rest.

• It defeats the idea of cinematic prone by Black magic with the 13 stop BMC.

• My bet is that the "tuning sensor delay" is according to this deception on dynamic range field. It's not that small loss for a global shutter. They gave up trying to set it up with 12stops, now they are trying hard to get at least 11.

• 11 stops, mmmm not 12 anymore? Soon it will be 10.5 for real :-P

• @Jspatz

Do not worry. BM was always "good" with message time and marketing result :-).

• I am not seeing that. "Richard Lim speaks very clearly that even the 2.5 K model could get an active MFT mount."

• 4K Cine Camera with active MFT mount is on the horizon. Active mount means you will have full electronic control on lenses

http://www.slashcam.de/news/single/Blackmagics--kommende-Ueberraschungen-10854.html

• I didnt take the Bolex thing serious from the beginning.

• @peaceonearth

Every time you become upset with BM think about Digital Bolex hipsters, and you'll feel much better.

• http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12192

so called update and explaining shipping delay. I am waiting for fanboys to applaud "Thanks Grant"

It's getting more and more obvious that the company can't cope with camera manufactoring.

• The long version of that interview is here. I didn't see it posted in this thread, so it maybe new to some people:

• saw the 4k cam at BMD day in NYC. It was a protype, locked at 400 asa, with a green/blue cast in the image. Still lots of work to do there. The global shutter lioked good, I didn't see any signs if moire. They said it'll be ready in a few weeks, but, the people on the floor didn't have answers to a lot of questions.

They also screened a video shot by one river media at NAB of Grant Petty saying a lossless AND visually lossless (lossy) cinemaDNG codec would be integrated into the firmware. Afterwards it maybe applied to the CC & PC.

• You're not scary, nor do you come across that way. But when I do something incorrectly . . . y'all know. You just know. I can feel it. Like you're watching. ;-)

• cuz somebody did sumpin' stupid!!!

• ...well....your avatar does look like you're cussin somebody out. ...I'm just sayin...lol

• Why does everyone think I'm so scary? I'm the nicest guy you'll ever meet.... until you do something stupid. :)

• I'm haunted by Shian, Vitaily, Driftwood, etc. in my dreams all the time, pointing out where I've tripped up in my latest project ;-)

In all seriousness, though . . . if this camera were to come out in M4/3 or a similar short FFD mount, I'd be virtually forced to buy it. I have a design for a unique adapter that incorporates an ND filter, and that'd basically complete the cam as full-featured.

• @shian

I think they see you in their sleep whole year already :-)

• @shian No footage available?